Discuss Amazon offering electrical Installation on selected products in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It's only a replacement service by the looks of it....Taken from Amazon site.

What's included
  • Removal of existing bathroom fan
  • Installation of 1 new customer-supplied fan
  • Connecting to existing ducting
  • Wiring fan to existing switch and testing unit
  • Haul-away of old unit not included in estimate but may be available for an additional service fee
  • Approximate installation time of 1 hour with 1 technician

What's included
  • Haul-away of old unit not included in estimate but may be available for an additional service fee

It'll take more than an hour. Especially if you have to pop off to Tesco's to get some fly killer.

I believe that Amazon maybe in the process of getting in on the handyman, plumber, electrician lark and like other agents of varying reputation it won't be long before they're calling around looking for tradesman to carry out work on their behalf.
We had John Lewis getting involved a month ago with a tie-up with Emma Clancy & co.

its all done by bizzby the new serve outfit that recruits electricians and other trades to do things, they charge a fee/commission for each job. they will no doubt have a hire an electrician next to a consumer unit next!!
they are just linking customers up with trades and taking a cut for not a lot of work as its all digital.

What's included

I suppose the MEIWC costs extra?:D

We had John Lewis getting involved a month ago with a tie-up with Emma Clancy & co.
John Lewis trades thingy called me this week, as they have no cover for the BA1- BA3 areas of Bath but loads in Bristol who have not got any work from it, I told them I am too busy with other stuff at moment so why not ask the Bristol lot to cover the areas? She said they somewhat foolishly signed up every spark who approached them in Bristol and they are almost fighting each other to show themselves available on the app in the hope of getting some work. I knew the Bristol house bashing scene was crowded and a fight amongst them to get work but not this bad!

Bizzby are operating the service.
I have joined it out of curiosity. They take 20%. It’s subject to site survey.
I have not accepted any of the jobs as I would only do if it’s local. Not worth travelling for at that money. If extra parts or materials are required then you have to quote it via the app and get them to agree before you start the works. I assume if it’s a no go for whatever reason it’s your loss. But if you went to quote and didn’t get it you would be no better off.

To get on the list you have to supply them with insurance certificates and test inspection Certs as a minimum.

So all in all good for the Electrical Trainee to earn their £65K!

Wont be long before the short course providers are using lines such as “ become a amazon/john lewis approved contactor”

Maybe eBay will get in on the
How can anyone quote without seeing the job?

I've been asking myself this very same question for decades, but it frequently happens nevertheless. The only work that I'll quote blind for is an EICR. Everything else I take a look at first.

Reply to Amazon offering electrical Installation on selected products in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock