Discuss Ammendment 3 Compliant Glands in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there folks,
I wonder if some of you have noticed the problem with getting glands for the above items ?.
Have seen New install without them and wholesalers telling me folks dont ask for them !!!.
Anyway had chat to Wiska and their Contract catalogue has the full range, including the new 2 x 2 1-1.5.
All polymide glands appear to comply, only diff is the inserts, shaped or not. Although they wont guarantee unless correct inserts in their glands used .
https://www.wiska.com/downloads/Trade-Catalogue-Jan-2017_WISKA-UK.pdf page 3 useful. Cheers.

Another bit of info:-
1. They have a contractors kit with all the glands.
2. They are bringing out a box with extra inserts that have asked for.
3. They are also NOW going to look at having the metal lockrings with serrated teeth to clean paint for good contacts with boxes.
4. I have already bought serrated lockrings that I use with SWA glands. Cheers.

Another bit of info:-
1. They have a contractors kit with all the glands.
2. They are bringing out a box with extra inserts that have asked for.
3. They are also NOW going to look at having the metal lockrings with serrated teeth to clean paint for good contacts with boxes.
4. I have already bought serrated lockrings that I use with SWA glands. Cheers.
Why not do the job properly and clean any paint / dirt off with a file before you fit the gland to ensure a proper connection?

Thanks for link Midwest, how do you cater for the rear entry into cavity walls ?.
Pete999, internal serrated washer grips better and stops scaping off paint, less rust, quicker too.

Thanks for link Midwest, how do you cater for the rear entry into cavity walls ?.
Pete999, internal serrated washer grips better and stops scaping off paint, less rust, quicker too.
I'll take issue with you there Mate, it's just like a lot of things these days anything to make people think just because the info says it's the next best thing doesn't make it the right thing to use. Still I suppose things are just that bash it in quick, it'll do. Sorry to be a bore but I find today's methods don't fill me with confidence, you must remember the old ways, and as they say some of the old ways are the best.

Last edited:

Reply to Ammendment 3 Compliant Glands in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock