Discuss Amtec Cert Software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Use Amtech installed onto 25 laptops, 1 for each sparky, downloading to memory sticks for merging onto my main database. very easy to use and saves huge amounts of time for me. Have used NICEIC own system and that was a bit more of struggle. Dont know about any others though so might be something better out there.I know some test instruments (Megger,Fluke) come with a package for downloading results straight into a cert but have never used one so could not comment on if they are any good.
Only annoying thing is that we used to pay for NIC certs to print onto but have since educated clients that Amtechs own certs are fine as long as our reg number is on them they dont have to be the red certs clients are all used to seeing from NICEIC approved contractors.
If you do domestic work mainly the basic Amtech package will sufffice but if you tend to do more industrial/commercial installation work then I would recommend getting PRO Design system as well, it is pricey but is a handy bit of kit.

Hope this helps

all sounds good aslong as it's not too much aggro to get someone to listen to the fact tha the niceic are not the be all and end all

Absolutly Jase
I happen to work for a nic company and have never had a problem with them although reading some posts i may well be in a minority!
All the governing bodies have to have pretty similer standards but some clients ( especially councils) do expect nic just because thats what they know.
If you are not nic you just have to stick to your guns and show them the quality of work you can do and i have found in the past when with elecsa or eca companies that most will come round, the ones that dont would probably too much of a pain to work for anyway if they are that stubborn and think they know better than the person they are employing as the expert!

Reply to Amtec Cert Software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net