Discuss amtech software in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

its got way way to complex Im trying to get gaffer to go easy cert but he is amteced up Cost is another thing as 40 of us in firm use amtec hence 40 easy certs woulod cost and time to familurise with it

Yes we do sometimes hear people say our certification software has a lot of extra features. This is true to some extent as we have designed it to be used by all sizes of business. Companies with teams of testers like the network and multi user features and the way it can import directly from electrical design software. Whereas, contractors working alone would not need some of these features but love features such as the certificate retest reminder and the fill all blanks feature. It’s also great if a company grows as they already have all the features they need.

Even though there are loads of features it is still easy to use and even the advanced features have easy to use wizards to speed things up. You just use what you need. This makes it great value as all this can be bought for £195. This is about the average price for this type of software and is cheaper than some.

Don,t be put off amtech is the best easy cert may seem good but believe me you will be typing in for ages especially on the observations on EICR tests amtech is far superior

We were pretty much conned into renewing our Amtec software on the basis they would get their EICR software up and running on a par with fast test by christmas, the new product being XG.
We have just tested a large section of a hospital with about 20 boards, we are not being pushed by the trust to produce our paperwork, so on Friday I called their technical and asked if it would have full integration by Christmas as promised, they said there was no chance as it was still being tested, I asked when it would be ready and explained what their sales team had told me, they passed me on to Richard in sales who had made the promises, he couldnt tell me when it it would be ready, I asked him where he had got his original information from, he said from my manager, I asked to speak to him, he curtly told me he wasnt there, I then asked if I could speak to his managers manager, same result, next level, same result, wouldnt allow me to speak to the Ceo. At this point he said he would get on to technical and would put me on hold, well guess what, he didnt put me on hold properly ! he aske his colleague for a biscuit, a garribaldi, and went on to tell his colleague " I've got a bell end on asking when the new software would be ready" I couldnt catch what his colleague said but it was met with childish sounding laughter, after a few minutes of listening to them just having the craic, he came back to me and I explained what he had failed to do, he was suddenly pretty quiet, I had to demand an apology from him, which didnt sound too impressive to me, thankfully my partner was sat in our office listening in as its a big problem for us.

Anyway thats how Amtec treat their loyal customers, anyone know the name of the CEO ? and what about other sofware packages, particularly ones where you dont have to fill in every field manually ie similar to fast test (f5 and copy down)

Martin

We were pretty much conned into renewing our Amtec software on the basis they would get their EICR software up and running on a par with fast test by christmas, the new product being XG.
We have just tested a large section of a hospital with about 20 boards, we are not being pushed by the trust to produce our paperwork, so on Friday I called their technical and asked if it would have full integration by Christmas as promised, they said there was no chance as it was still being tested, I asked when it would be ready and explained what their sales team had told me, they passed me on to Richard in sales who had made the promises, he couldnt tell me when it it would be ready, I asked him where he had got his original information from, he said from my manager, I asked to speak to him, he curtly told me he wasnt there, I then asked if I could speak to his managers manager, same result, next level, same result, wouldnt allow me to speak to the Ceo. At this point he said he would get on to technical and would put me on hold, well guess what, he didnt put me on hold properly ! he aske his colleague for a biscuit, a garribaldi, and went on to tell his colleague " I've got a bell end on asking when the new software would be ready" I couldnt catch what his colleague said but it was met with childish sounding laughter, after a few minutes of listening to them just having the craic, he came back to me and I explained what he had failed to do, he was suddenly pretty quiet, I had to demand an apology from him, which didnt sound too impressive to me, thankfully my partner was sat in our office listening in as its a big problem for us.

Anyway thats how Amtec treat their loyal customers, anyone know the name of the CEO ? and what about other sofware packages, particularly ones where you dont have to fill in every field manually ie similar to fast test (f5 and copy down)

Martin

good lord i know what you mean!
had to deal with twits a few times who did the same crap to me,
but i had a lot of fun remote accessing their computer and changing the display to show some disgusting pics:punk:

Reply to amtech software in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net