Discuss Amtech/trimble single phase three phase headache? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Deleted member 4632

Amtech will not let me record a single phase D.B from a 3 phase D.B for a sub-mains. It keeps saying in a warning message that the installation is 3 phase and it cannot be recorded as single phase even though it will let me record single phase D.B's individually on the board schedules.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

HELP!

Amtech/trimble single phase three phase headache? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Amtech/trimble single phase three phase headache? error - EletriciansForums.net

Sorry, ignore the D.B in the back ground. I was trying all sorts to make it work. You can select T.P/L1/L2/L3 but not S.P for a sub-main. Aside from your accurate observation, any advice relating to the issue?

I've used an older version of Amtech.

Is this DB fed directly from a BusBar?
If so you might find you have to list is as a DB.
So if a BusBar supplys 1 three phase DB and 6 single phase DBs
You would list the Busbar as a 9 way DB and leave the Fuse characteristics as N/A the 3 phase DB would be from 1TP and the single phase would be from the other single phase ways (2L1, 2L2, 2L3 you get the idea)depending on the phase.
It was slightly annoying but was necessary, you may also have to list Switch Fuses as 1 way DBs or create a DB for Henley blocks etc to get around the problem.
You can't fed a single phase submain from a 3 phase way, but you you can fed a single phase submains from a single phase way.

I'm going back about 5 years so it may have changed

Last edited:
I've used an older version of Amtech.

Is this DB fed directly from a BusBar?
If so you might find you have to list is as a DB.
So if a BusBar supplys 1 three phase DB and 6 single phase DBs
You would list it as a 9 way DB and leave the Fuse characteristics as N/A the 3 phase DB would be from 1TP and the single phase would be from the other single phase ways depending on the phase.
It was slightly annoying But was necessary, you also have to list Switch Fuses as 1 way DBs or create a DB for Henley blocks etc to get around the problem.

I'm going back about 5 years so it may have changed

Thank you AJshep I will try what you said!

When you verify the cert at the end it will possibly flag errors on the DBs you created for the BusBar, Henley blocks etc as your have no fuse characteristics, but on the plus side your DB chart flow chart will be accurate.

I have just tried to open my Amtech after not using it for months will not open I had this when I got it new never works correctly I suppose as my support is not up to date they will not help me yet they want £300 a year for it never been happy with it. If I do manage to open I will try to have a go.

Right so with a fresh head this morning I’ve managed to work out the mistake. I was listing the busbar as the main board with the switch fuses as the circuits but not creating a separate 1way DB for the switch fuses as AJshep said. After doing this it then allows you to produce a single phase submains from a three phase supply. Bit fiddly to understand but I’ve sussed it now. My version is Fast test plus. The confusion comes from the submains wizard, if you don’t do it on the right order it won’t allow you to create a submains. Hope this makes sense

It was the way that I got used to it. On other D.B's the box distribution board fed from becomes a dropbox and you can allocate a circuit it is fed from.

Reply to Amtech/trimble single phase three phase headache? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock