Discuss Amusing Manufacturer Instructions ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wilko

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Fitting up a dishwasher the other day, the manufacturer kindly reminded me that the door must shut - a new-fangled water saving feature or summat. And to pay attention :rolleyes:

There's probably lots of helpful advice from manufacturers out there, why not share the knowledge?

IMG_0615.JPG

You'd be surprised (ok maybe you wouldn't) how many poorly fitted integrated appliances I've seen!
I called round a mate of mine's house to help him re-fit the door to his "newly installed" integrated dish washer. He couldn't get the kitchen fitter back to fix it, his missus was on his case so I offered him some help.
When I got there it became apparent that the dish washer was never secured in place properly and when the door was opened and closed the appliance moved all over the place. My mate had been pulling it back in to position using the door! He thought this was normal practice????
One of the reasons I got into fitting kitchens and bathrooms was because while I was doing electrical work I often came across poorly fitted ones and realised I could do a much better job!

Reply to Amusing Manufacturer Instructions ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Like a host of UK residents recently (230% increase in genny sales apparently), I've just invested in a small (3500W) portable, dual fuel...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Looking for a little advice and also hopefully some education :) Have recently bought a flat (for which warranty period has expired) which has...
Replies
Views
Been asked to look at outdoor socket for spa. A brief perusal of M.I. recommends the installation of equipotential bonding in 2.5mm² solid copper...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock