Discuss an electrician ? depends what era I guess... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi I'm relatively new to the forum I should mention I've been a member previous however I had trouble logging on probably my fault, (I couldn't remember the middle name of a hamster that died 55 years ago or some such.) anyway easier to re - register

I question the term electrician as I come from an era when folks served their time and were 'apprenticed' the rules of the game determined the age spectrum during which you could be 'apprenticed' I personally was apprenticed under the JIB system That resulted in a city and guilds 'B certificate' and a (in my opinion) far more important asset, the practical acumen passed on by tradesmen over years of training

although over the years I have kept up with the academic side of things - testing and inspection 2391, HNC (heavy power) Btec T4 communication systems and so on

still none of it comes close to that practical involvement. It seems these days that same training takes a mere 6 weeks ? - greetings again folks sorry to kick off bitching I look forward to future posting - kindest regards Duncan

Welcome to the asylum mate.
According to some on here, I'm not an electrician, but that is their silly opinion.

Hi I'm relatively new to the forum I should mention I've been a member previous however I had trouble logging on probably my fault, (I couldn't remember the middle name of a hamster that died 55 years ago or some such.) anyway easier to re - register

I question the term electrician as I come from an era when folks served their time and were 'apprenticed' the rules of the game determined the age spectrum during which you could be 'apprenticed' I personally was apprenticed under the JIB system That resulted in a city and guilds 'B certificate' and a (in my opinion) far more important asset, the practical acumen passed on by tradesmen over years of training

although over the years I have kept up with the academic side of things - testing and inspection 2391, HNC (heavy power) Btec T4 communication systems and so on

still none of it comes close to that practical involvement. It seems these days that same training takes a mere 6 weeks ? - greetings again folks sorry to kick off bitching I look forward to future posting - kindest regards Duncan
Welcome Duncan

55 years ago all hamsters were called ‘Hammie’ that’s just the way things were!
Welcome to the forum Duncan.

55 years ago all hamsters were called ‘Hammie’

I bet that was very confusing for the hamsters.... "Hammie, it's your turn on the wheel..."... pandemonium...

I bet that was very confusing for the hamsters.... "Hammie, it's your turn on the wheel..."... pandemonium...
I know, right? That’s why I had gerbils!

@Duncan Norman .. Get used to threads going off track a bit....
Yes, I'm usually the culprit for starting it...

I had a hamster...world's most least child friendly pet:eek:
Nocturnal,grumpy,obsessed with storing food,in an environment,where food was always present...

Gave it a grape,and it nearly shat itself to death...enteritis or something....spent the remaining 2 years of it's short life,staring at the fruit bowl,waiting for another...:confused:

Anywho....Welcome Duncan,you can see how we are all well adjusted and rational....

Nocturnal,grumpy,obsessed with storing food,in an environment,where food was always present...

Gave it a grape,and it nearly shat itself to death...enteritis or something....spent the remaining 2 years of it's short life,staring at the fruit bowl,waiting for another...:confused:

Anywho....Welcome Duncan,you can see how we are all well adjusted and rational....
Wow, that’s deep man!

We have a hamster. Kids call it 'Scugs' but I call it 'Forrest'.
Our old hamster had identity issues and thought it was a lemming. It kept jumping off the platform and landing on the wheel below... it didn't last long.

We have a hamster. Kids call it 'Scugs' but I call it 'Forrest'.
Our old hamster had identity issues and thought it was a lemming. It kept jumping off the platform and landing on the wheel below... it didn't last long.
serves you right for fitting a 6" centrifugal fan instead of a wheel.

Let me know who they are fella, I will put them right :D

Forgot... It was in a thread a bit ago... Not that it matters...
I think that they were just jealous of my stunning good looks, charm, wonderful personality and my ability to eat custard doughnuts quickly..

Electricians

Reply to an electrician ? depends what era I guess... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock