Discuss Angel eye switch wiring question in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dantraff101

Hello, thank you for your time. I am currently doing a mod on my washer, I am installing and air pump. I do not want it to run all the time so i am using a switch to choose when I want it to run. The switch doesn't turn the pump on, it just closes a live supply to a relay which is switched by the pressure switch. So when the pressure switch closes (drum full of water), The pump runs (only if my button is pressed). The system would work fine with a normal button, however this is an Led button. The led is 12V DC but the supply\load to the pump is 240V. The specs of the switch state the led is 12V and it can switch up to a 250V load. But the 2 contacts for the led are fixed closed (it stays on whether pressed or not). You can wire it so the led is on when the load is present a la this wiring diagram (which is what i want):

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...+switch+wiring+diagram&imgrc=CI-oI7Tec71mzM:A

But how the heck am I supposed to wire it so the led comes on with load, if the led is only 12V and my circuit is 240V??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum dantraff101

When admin' is next on line this thread may be relocated to DIY and access given.

Re' your query...

Your link goes to a page of images and does not provide us with any info as to which image you want us to look at?
In making alterations to your washer you will invalidate all insurance policies and gaurantee's that cover it, is this modification your own design or manufacturer approved?

You can run differing power systems with the use of relays to separate them and be able to transfer control between them.. why can you not just purchase a switch and led thats rated to the same voltage, we aren't taking loads of money here?

Last edited:
Aesthetics are the main reason I chose this switch, it fire perfectly with the machine. I thought the switch switched the LED too so I just got back 12v adapter for that, but it's constant on. You have to link into the load live and neutral for the led to working with the switch... It makes absolutely no sense to me to make a button which allows 240V through but with a 12V led, which when wired in as it should be, blows the led (I've now tried). Switch still works, just the led is dead so not a massive loss. Also this is my own machine with no warranty.

Its highly likely the contact blocks and led are 2 separate entities fitted together to make this switch, this is common for this kind of switching and the info on the side is only expressing the max switching ratings, your circuit, loads (LED) etc will denote the voltage you can use. It is likely they do a similar switch with a 230v led fitted.

Reply to Angel eye switch wiring question in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock