Discuss annual assessments in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, quick question; how do you domestic guys access previous jobs to show your scam assessor each year ?

Im looking forward and thinking that some customers wont be too accepting of someone visiting and rechecking previous work, and that it come across a bit odd to them. How do you guys navigate this, if its (likely) a case of picking off certain jobs throughout the year that would be most suitable for a revisit, how do you inform the customers, is it worth stipulating possible revisits by an assessor in your t&c's. Thanks

Re: annual lassesments

Hi all, quick question; how do you domestic guys access previous jobs to show your scam assessor each year ?

Im looking forward and thinking that some customers wont be too accepting of someone visiting and rechecking previous work, and that it come across a bit odd to them. How do you guys navigate this, if its (likely) a case of picking off certain jobs throughout the year that would be most suitable for a revisit, how do you inform the customers, is it worth stipulating possible revisits by an assessor in your t&c's. Thanks

choose your best jobs and the ones you got on with the customer really well. I think Stroma though give you a list of jobs they would like to see and then its your job to see if you can get access....from what i've heard anyway.

About 4 months before the assessmemt date I sound out clients to see if it's possible to use their install. Never had anyone say no so far and if you tell the customer what it's for I can't see a problem. It's reassuring that you Wii being an assessor so the install must be good.

Whilst what Murdoch says is true there is always the problem of people being out at work, etc. and not wanting to leave keys to access whilst they are not there!

So it's definitely an issue with domestic premises.

Maybe sell it to the customer that by agreeing to it, they will be getting a free check that everything is OK. Daz

Thanks, as murdoch says, offering a free check in a few months sounds good; wanted to see what the general consensus is, if there is one.

It's an annual problem, tee hee! Last year I had two ready, and suggested my preferred one (customer at home). Still cost me two bunches of flowers, for the ladies of the house.

Just had mine today, and used a major extension, which has other trades there every day at the moment, so access was guaranteed. But if a finished job, I would normally have a backup in case access to the planned job falls through (though best not to mention to the assessor, as they have been known to suggest why don't we visit them both!).

The problem I have with Stroma, is that they ONLY want to see completed jobs... whereas Elecsa were happy to visit jobs that were work in progress.

The problem I have with Stroma, is that they ONLY want to see completed jobs... whereas Elecsa were happy to visit jobs that were work in progress.

There is a certain advantage with a work in progress, in that if the assessor asks about - for example a missing label - you can say that is one of the things still to be finished.

There is a certain advantage with a work in progress, in that if the assessor asks about - for example a missing label - you can say that is one of the things still to be finished.

With Elecsa I showed a complete refurbishment - with the only circuit working was the upstairs sockets! We spent most of our time downstairs reviewing the cable runs for the circuits, segregation of circuits/ data, etc etc - it made the assessment much more detailed and he could ask far more about the regs and interpretations!

With Elecsa I showed a complete refurbishment - with the only circuit working was the upstairs sockets! We spent most of our time downstairs reviewing the cable runs for the circuits, segregation of circuits/ data, etc etc - it made the assessment much more detailed and he could ask far more about the regs and interpretations!

Yes, I agree, I had exactly this yesterday, and some useful discussion (instead of trying to remember the details of a job done several months ago).

Reply to annual assessments in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock