Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss annual inspection report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Norwich

Norwich EF Member

I feel I should know this but I don't, we do Eicr typically 5 yearly on commercial installations, but people keep mentioning annuals in between this. What is typically done ? Is there a form ? Is it from EAW regs 1989. Any come across this cheers

2. thebigcheese

thebigcheese Regular EF Member

Some licensed premises like theatres and schools have insurnce that requires a 20% Annual EICR... the idea being that after 5 years the entire installation is checked. Is this what you mean?

3. Norwich

Norwich EF Member

Just an office block we've done 5 yearly 100 %last year but apparently an annual is required soon. New to me. May be its a one off odd ball but I was curious if its being done by others

4. chilliwilly

chilliwilly Guest

Probably like big cheese says, an internal request, maybe a visual inspection or a different date entered for next inspection following reccomendations for remedial action?

5. Guest55

Guest55 Guest

if addition interim inspections are requested mid-term usually a visual report will suffice.

6. Clive P

Clive P Regular EF Member

Hi,

The Company I used to work for carried out Annual tests and these consisted of Visuals and RCD testing.

Regards.

7. Norwich

Norwich EF Member

I keep hearing on the grape vine/ sparky talk about this at that's basically what it is Anyone seen / got a copy of the report form they use for this

8. markc123

markc123 Forum Mentor

If there is a special report, then i'll hold my hands up and freely admit i've never used it or seen it. Suppose you could adapt a MWC for it.

I do yearly inspections on certain dwellings...a church, several carvans and a couple of pubs. And its literally as said above, a visual inspection, RCD test, check the main bonding and global IR to make sure everything is in working order. No certificate, just piece of mind for the client and cash (if lucky) or cheque in the back pocket.

It's the reason why domestic propertys aren't checked as often as other places - its presumed that the client, because everything is in use regulary, that any defects will be found and that they'll call a qualified electrician out to rectify the problem. That's why you'll only ever called to do these yearly inspections on swimming pools, laundretts, pubs, cinemas, restaurants, caravan parks ect...

9. Guest55

Guest55 Guest

well using a mwc for a visual inspection report is just a whole heap of wrong isnt it ?

an experienced inspector should have the ability of designing his own reports suited to each specific job
    ;-)

10. markc123

markc123 Forum Mentor

Looks like biff's on one of his monthly prowls lol. Just to clarify lol... I haven't ever used a MWC for it that's why i said 'suppose' but yeah, maybe wasn't one of my best ideas.

Most of the time i don't really right anything down - just piece of mind for the client. However, on occasions i have wrote figures down on company headed paper.

Ready for you to shoot me down again biff lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thomas-1981

thomas-1981 Guest

I would use my usual EICR and state what tests and inspections were carried out. Visual, Zs's and RCD test would suffice IMO.

12. Rampantchilli

Rampantchilli Regular EF Member

Until today I hadn't seen one, then low and behold, I found 3 books in the office, DVCR, domestic visual condition reports, produced by niceic DVN4. Not sure if they produce non domestic ones.