Discuss Another apprentice question, re AM2/FICA in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any knowledge of what's required for the AM2 or FICA (Scotland) risk assessment. It appears to relate to use of the booth during the actual trade test(s).

So, ideally looking for views/ideas on the risks and related control measures specifically for this test.

Starters for ten - Slips, trips & falls; working at height (well, off a step ladder); Electric shock;.........Others???

Cheers!

From what what I can remember (in the AM2) you are given a table with a list of categories on the left hand side and then you write the corresponding hazards you'd expect to find. How to mitigate against such hazards. Who may be affected. Etc etc. It wasn't terribly in-depth.

Do it to the condition of am2,small booth.who is at risk ? Yourself,your asessor,other am2 candidates,any visitor to assessment centre.chemicals are N/A as is most of it,big thing about step ladders aka access equipment,inspect nefore use both on paper & exagerate your visible inspection before use.another biggie is safe isolation,4 times in total.check testers before & after use,the emphasis being on after.

Reply to Another apprentice question, re AM2/FICA in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am new member to the forum - not sure how forums work, if I'm posting in the wright place or not etc.. Anyway I was wondering...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I’m new to this site however just thought I’d give my best explanation of what the AM2 was like. If this is in the wrong forum I’m very...
Replies
Views
R
Hi Guys , currently an apprentice in a factory that makes polythene my job is a maintenance electrical Engineer , fault finding, pneumatics ...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock