Discuss Another Aussie moving to London in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tom Eady

Hi guys,

I'm looking at moving to London in a few months time. I'll probably only be there for a year.

I have my full Australian electrical license and 4 years post apprenticeship experience.

Do you think its worth getting my 17th edition? or can i still find enough work without it?

There are agencies over here that will organize everything and give you study material for the tests. However they charge around $400 pounds for it. Does that sound like its worth it?

How easy is it to pick up electrical work in London?
Thanks or any help. Tom

Thanks heaps. I guess 400 isnt bad if i can study while over here. And they provide the 17th edition book and the safety course too.

Whats it like getting work? Better to go through an agency or find work on the internet?

If you get a cscs card, some agency will get you work as they just dont really care as long as your making them money

Do you meanjust getting the cscs card. Like the experienced card and no 17tg edition?
or will i need the skilled card and the 17th edition?

How do they agencies work? Do they find you work and take a slice out of your pay?

Reply to Another Aussie moving to London in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I'm an fully qualified electrician based in Dundee, Scotland. I have just completed my BS 7671 Amendment 2 course and my 2391-52...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
I Need Work electrician mate job
Hi everyone, looking for work as an electrician mate in Brent, Barnet, north London and Central area in London. I've recently worked as a...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I searched for other threads of this but the threads seem to be a few years old. I'm a 36 year old Electrician from WA with 18 years...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock