Discuss Another company has my name in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello guys

I am in a bit of a mess at the moment as I had just discovered another company up north has exactly the same
Name as myself after all my clients and all s my branding in may have to change everything!!!

I operate in London and was wondering if anyone before has been forced to change their names?

I was wondering if I should just talk to the guy as his company had been formed long before i formed my company.

When I registered my company I did a name sweep and had to tweak it a few times, the question is, does it or will it effect your trade and did you register it first?

so the company names X for example which I chose to match my second name.
That company is X electrical and I am X electrical solutions.
The person registered before me and I am sole trader going to register, company house does not currently have x electrical solutions LTD however it does have X Electrical if that makes any sense.
Does anyone else have a crossed swords with names?

My business name is very similar to one in Essex, I often get calls for them....

Unless you are limited and registered at companies house there is nothing you can do ..... May add "town name" after your company name?

had a new business all set a while back just about to trade went to see trademark lawyer to see about trademarking the name & found out someone had it & who had it Centrica, broke my heart about 50 boxes of printing had to be disposed of.
but a least we did not trade.

I concur with the above, if the name is not exactly the same to the last detail then it is not the same.
If you have looked at companies house lists then you will have seen there are hundreds of nearly similar names for companies.
This is standard and generally only causes problems if they are in a local area.

Which is the context of sole trader & limited company. Sole trader can have exactly the same name, as long as its not in the same locality.

Which are you OP?

Reply to Another company has my name in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net