Discuss Another ebay misdescription in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

ringer

-
Reaction score
I just bought Guidance Note 3 on ebay which the seller described as published in 2008. I there assumed (as in ----u-me) that it was a 17th edition version. Turns out when I received it the published date was actually 2006 and it is for the sixteenth edition. Am currently trying to contact the seller to see what can be done about this, but in the meantime, what is the difference between 16th and 17th editions as regards Guidance Note 3?

(note to self - always double check with seller before the auction ends)

Out of order, they have sold you something not in accordance of the description, when you get hold of them, you should get a full refund with the postage to send back, if not go through the ebay dispute system.

Not sure on differences, I am good at blocking out irrelevant past material (just can't remember anything)!!

Read that copy and you will almost certainly fail.... Most points are lost on incorrect terminology. Get yourself the updated 17th version.

There are a number of differences.....max Zs values, terminology, the reg numbers they refer to. Not worth the paper it's printed on anymore.

Had no reply from seller, so today at 7.15pm I put in a claim via ebay resolution centre. At 9.55pm I got a full refund from the seller. Result. Well, it would be a result if I actually got the book I wanted, but at least I am not out of pocket. And since I left positive feedback for the seller (before I realised the book was out of date) I am unable to rescind it or change to a negative. So as far as other ebayers are concerend, this guy is good as his word.
Anyways, it's time to forget the negative vibes and get on with life in a positive frame of mind.
Anyone got a copy of Guidance note 3 (relevant to the 17th edition) going spare and cheap?

Reply to Another ebay misdescription in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net