Discuss Another fine mess?????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I understand what you are saying but the sparks is not going to say that is he ? so if it can be proved that this happend, he's had it.

I tool some photo's while I was doing some work a few months back and part way through the kitchen install. Pictures "speak" thousands of words.

UPDATE.

My neighbour finally got the (NICEIC) certificates and we went in to have a look before the new tennents move in.

Circuit 1 modification

MWC confirming 2G & 1G sockets added to what was the cooker circuit, no comment about changing the MCB to the new 32A RCBO, nor the 2.5mm cable added to the "end" of the old 7/029 cable.

Me thinks the MWC should state that the MCB has been changed to the RCBO
Why has he fitted a 32A breaker to a radial where the last 3-4 meters are 2.5mm cable?
No comment about the JB concealed behind new cupboard
(No comment on the fact that the kitchen fitter did all the install work.)

Circuit 2

Spur off existing 2G socket

RCD test times for 1x and 5x almost identical - which looks unusual.

Neighbour not happy and about to pen a letter to the big shed who they ordered the new kitchen off

I would remind the neighbour that you weren't involved from the start and wish to stay that way! But I would then ring the kitchen company and advise them from this point on they should use a qualified electrician (You), and not this other muppet.

Reply to Another fine mess?????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Hello All I was pondering an idea recently regarding the ground connection to my property. At present it has a combined Neutral to earth at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, we moved in to a new build flat a couple of years ago and after a year or so we realised that the landlords electric meter had run up quite...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock