Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Another house sale scuppered by some lazy lying spark in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

An old customer has just rung me about her rewire ........... done by a spark who has failed to provide any certification or Part P notification

Her buyers want to exchange this week but won't without the necessary documentation

He's promised her certification for months now and a search on the competent persons scheme register suggests he's not registered and Linked in suggests he's now employed by a multi national company

So the only winners are the solicitors - who will make charges irrespective of the outcome of the sale ....

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Newly Qualified Sparky

Business Name:
    DF Electrical Services
    I suppose the only options are the seller takes out an indemnity policy or pays for an EICR.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

The owner could get you to carry out a periodic inspection and give the EIC to the solicitor and take out indemnity insurance on the electrical installation the cover the missing part p registration/notification. Might be worth suggesting it to the customer so they can speak to their solicitor..... You might be able to save the sale for them.

4. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

murder ,if your customer came to you in the begining they would have had certed by now and in the solicitor hand .its now down to them

5. Murdoch

True... but the tale is he kept on promising to send them ........

6. Leesparkykent

Why is now down to them? The customer has now got in touch with Murdoch looking for a solution....Murdoch, if willing might be able to provide that solution.

7. Murdoch

I've offered an EICR but not for at least 2 weeks as I'm rather busy ....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Leesparkykent

Can’t you just pull up outside and do it from your van between jobs? :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i'm sure murdoch would not do that. he'sd at least knock on the door and leave a note with the invoice for the eicr.:D:D:D.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Marti

Marti Regular EF Member

OOOH! You mean the system the surveyor used on my house when we bought it. He managed to spot the roof on the porch was incorrect - it was fine. He missed the perfect electrics - T&E melted into the wall above the CCU. The clever bit is the layers of company responsibility when you chase their lazy arse with legals.

Sorry - off topic and a personal rant. Off to boil a RIBA rep in oil

• Funny Funny x 1