Discuss Another JIB question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martom

Hi,
could someone advise me if I can apply for JIB card having the following certs. I did send JIB an email over a month ago and tried to get in touch over the phone. No luck.
basically I try to find out if I can apply for JIB card and if I can - which card / level.

NVQ3 - CG2356
City & Guilds 2382 - 17th Edition Wiring Regulations 2008 – Including 2011 amends
City & Guilds 2392 - Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and InitialVerification
City & Guilds 2393 - Level 3 Certificate in the Building Regulations for electrical installationsin a dwelling - Part P

Thanks for any help. I need advice what EAL level 3 testing and periodic would change with my JIB?
Thanks

Thanks for a prompt answer. Could you advise me if it is worth to pay for CG 2394/2395 or EAL is exactly the same stuff? Just asking as I can attend EAL exams for half the C&G price.
Thanks

From the JIB's point of view the EAL and C&G testing quals hold the same weight. From an employers point of view I think the C&G testing qual is more desirable. 1 because they are more recognised/been round for longer and 2 its not open book which the EAL version is. Just my opinion

Thanks for a prompt answer. Could you advise me if it is worth to pay for CG 2394/2395 or EAL is exactly the same stuff? Just asking as I can attend EAL exams for half the C&G price.
Thanks

The EAL are easier to pass but regarded as not as worthy as the city and guilds. Both are accepted by the JIB however.
Depends on whether you want to make the most of a learning opportunity or you just want a bit of paper.

Thanks a lot, I will probably go the C&G route. It's not about learning so much as I do think I should know the stuff anyway after 15+ being in trade - its more like upgrading the docs. The difference is ca £800 for EAL vs £1500 for C&G.

Thank you Gentleman's

The short compressed courses do seem to charge more for the convenience of getting the course over and done with. I did mine on an evening class basis. It took a heck of a lot longer but I was in no rush and made the most of the course.
It's about what represents value for money for you and your aims at the end of the day.

C&G and Eal had the same tutor when I was doing it, said he teaches the same thing and yes eal is open book
To the JIB here is no difference, to me, I'm more impressed with someone who has 2391
And do think that 2394/5 is more impressive than the eal versions (NB I have the eal)
I did eal because I didn't like the 40% pass rate.for.the 2391 and.being dyslexic I rated my odds are no worth betting £1200

As for the price, it was £600 each and I think £1100 for both, I split it, meaning I paid more but I figured more time.learning

Reply to Another JIB question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net