Discuss Another one to add to the books in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris1

Hi all,

Just a little post to introduce myself. My name is Chris and im from the mighty Bristol.

I am afraid that at the moment I am in need of all your help. The main reason why I joined is to ask you all the best way to become an electrician because I know there are a various number of ways. In my quest to become an electrician I have rang various electricians enquiring about the possibility of becoming an apprentice, trying to sell myself, but they all say the same thing not enough work, which I find hard to believe. I have contacted training centres that offer electrical courses, even thou they are expensive the money is not an issue. I just need some advice on the best route to take?

If any of you know any electricians in the Bristol and surrounding areas e.g. bath, Midsummer Norton taking on apprentices or offering work experience I would be more than grateful to hear from you.

i will become an electrician whatever it takes so i would like to get to know you all.

Thank you for reading

Chris

Ps you can contact me at [email protected] or PM me.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK!

Hi Chris1 and welcome to electriciansforums.net!

Hi all,

Just a little post to introduce myself. My name is Chris and im from the mighty Bristol.

I am afraid that at the moment I am in need of all your help. The main reason why I joined is to ask you all the best way to become an electrician because I know there are a various number of ways. In my quest to become an electrician I have rang various electricians enquiring about the possibility of becoming an apprentice, trying to sell myself, but they all say the same thing not enough work, which I find hard to believe. I have contacted training centres that offer electrical courses, even thou they are expensive the money is not an issue. I just need some advice on the best route to take?

If any of you know any electricians in the Bristol and surrounding areas e.g. bath, Midsummer Norton taking on apprentices or offering work experience I would be more than grateful to hear from you.

i will become an electrician whatever it takes so i would like to get to know you all.

Thank you for reading

Chris

Ps you can contact me at [email protected] or PM me.:D

Welcome Chris

Reason why they are saying there is not enough work is the fact they will have to pay you and if they are only getting enough work to keep their head above water the last thing they will need is the extra overhead of paying an apprentice if they don't have the work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi & welcome.:)

Welcome Chris

Reason why they are saying there is not enough work is the fact they will have to pay you and if they are only getting enough work to keep their head above water the last thing they will need is the extra overhead of paying an apprentice if they don't have the work.

Thank you all for the welcome!

I know what you are saying Ian but i find it hard to believe because everyone needs an electrician. furthermore when you offer your self for three to go and do some work experience they surely can't say no?

How long have you all been electricians for and where do you all work?

Its not a case of you working for free Insurance conditions ect and picking you up time involved in training all have to be payed for a small firms are having to cut costs to the bone as many people dont want to pay to train someone while they are doing a job for them
As for training courses they have a place which is NOT to become an electrician overnight like they are advertising

Have a look around the forum its full of young people desperate to join the trade but who cant either get the experiance or cant get a start to becomeing an apprentice
I have sent a link from forum to my local MP just to show that ntheir spin that things are picking up is total Bollixxxxxx Good luck though keep ringing and sending your CV try some of the "bigger fish"

Reply to Another one to add to the books in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net