Discuss any advice greatly appreciated in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jackh

-
Reaction score
I am currently in full time employment and I’m looking for a change of career. Being an electrician has always appealed to me but I have never done anything about it. I am now 28 years old with a wife and child so can’t afford to take on an apprenticeship - the advice I am looking for is what route would be best for me to get in to the industry, I have looked at several courses, fast track etc online, but don’t know what qualification I should be aiming for being a ‘beginner’. I know a few people locally to me who are electricians and have their own business etc, so I’m sure I can get help that way but I want to show I’m serious by enrolling in a course or getting some sort of qualification before the approach.
Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Will allow you to move on to level 3 and when that is completed then you will need your NVQ level 3 which is work based assessments portfolio which has to be completed on site.

Always best to be working as a mate to get that on the job experience while training.

electrician's mate pays £10 - £13 /hour. you'd need a cscs card or ecs card if you want to work on sites.

Reply to any advice greatly appreciated in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock