Discuss Any amateur radio operators on here? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Do these count?.......my son got them for Christmas
Any amateur radio operators on here? 3A4FDBF4-988F-4039-8B9B-18509266E4DE - EletriciansForums.net

From the IT side of things - Russia talking about their own version of
the internet -Immediate speculation
- They will care less about hacking the rest of the www.-
till it breaks / slows down = a Disadvantage to the rest of us .

My 15 year old lad has all the gear...but it is my 80 odd year old father,who has his licence,from back when you needed Morse and more than a clue ;)

I am not an amateur radio operator and do not have a license, but I am a licensed radio amateur (now known as an amateur radio licensee) and have renewed my licence annually from 1980.

Bloody hell didn't expect the responses! ...

Getting back into it after a few years out .. connecting to local repeaters and echolink

What that hobby where old men have a p***ing contest to see who can run the most power or who has the biggest antenna?

I've got a glorified CB license, (M0) well according to anyone with a G callsign

73 de RWJ

Oh and THE worst installations I have visited are ALL hams / former hams home... "Coz they know more than electricians"

Yes, I am. Currently more into data and DATV than Voice.
You lot into choo ch0os as well?

Yes, and no. I'm "into" as in I have an interest in Heritage Railway signalling. The trains are just there, don't give a ---- what shape, make or colour they are.

Used to have 144/430 mhz in van, but here in Cumbria 430 always dead, local 144mhz repeater (gb3ld) got quieter and quieter, simplex only active for Sota, so as no room for hf antenna more or less qrt.

Reply to Any amateur radio operators on here? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock