Discuss Any Anglers about? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

for what it's worth, i never been fishing. can't see the point of sitting round all day, freezing me ---- off, catching something i can't eat.

I still match fish on the rivers when I can .Im not a great lover of puddle chucking but my boys love it as they don't have to work to hard to catch

Match fishing on rivers, now THAT"S fishing. Love Dave Harrell's work. And the early John Wilson stuff. One man, one freelined slug = one fat chub! I used to fish a stream in South Gloucestershire called the Little Avon. Stuffed full of fantastic chub, grayling, trout and dace. I would pull fish out of there all day, spending up to an hour in one one swim then moving on.

My first fish was a little perch from Cheddar Reservoir. My first fish over a pound was a 4 1/2 pound Tench caught in a match (which I won) on the River Axe in Somerset. I can't remember what I had for tea last night but I can remember every detail of those days as if I was there playing those fish now.

Only been fishing once and enjoyed it.

¼oz of sodium in a tin taped to a ½ brick saves all that faffing about with fishing tackle.

I haven’t a clue what the fish were, but they were dead.

On a similar vane some years ago went on holiday with the ex in-laws to a small Greek island they used to go to, one of the locals there had 2 prosthetic hands. I was informed he used to go sea fishing with explosives until it blow his hands off.

Just got back home from fishing on the harbour near where l live. My son who's visiting caught a few small Pollock and bass and put them back. I got nearly half a bucket of large prawns so guess what we're having for supper?

Reply to Any Anglers about? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net