Discuss Any boiler service engineers on? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Went to look at a vokera (linea I think), there was a leak from the brass body of the flow or return where it connects to the boiler base plate. The boiler is also showing fault code 28, which says is "flow and return T error". The book also says that any codes beginning with 2 is a wiring fault. Before I spend hours on the phone tomorrow to technical does anyone think this fault may be due to the leak? or could there also be a thermistor or similar also faulty?

Went to look at a vokera (linea I think), there was a leak from the brass body of the flow or return where it connects to the boiler base plate. The boiler is also showing fault code 28, which says is "flow and return T error". The book also says that any codes beginning with 2 is a wiring fault. Before I spend hours on the phone tomorrow to technical does anyone think this fault may be due to the leak? or could there also be a thermistor or similar also faulty?

no it wont be the leak whats causing the temp sensor error normally the temp sensors go and not the wiring if not the sensor its the pcb, best thing is to phone tech up (the only problem is they might want a gas safe number first before they talk to you) and see what voltage it requires etc and start from there

So do you think it's just a coincidence that both the leak and the fault code have started? The boiler fires and heats to 24deg then cuts out.

dont suppose you could get a pic of where its leaking from ???? and maybe stranger things have happened :) and can you touch the flow pipe when it goes off (temp wise)??????

It's coming from a little hex screw on the front of the brass body. The pipe on the left gets very hot very quickly, I presume it's the flow? No pictures I'm affraid. I'm back tomorrow so I'll phone technical, just looking for a heads up before, that's if they'll talk to me!!

It's coming from a little hex screw on the front of the brass body. The pipe on the left gets very hot very quickly, I presume it's the flow? No pictures I'm affraid. I'm back tomorrow so I'll phone technical, just looking for a heads up before, that's if they'll talk to me!!

no that shouldn't cause the error code unless the pressure is down below 1 bar on ch, and tbh there rubbish boilers alot go wrong with them and tech isnt very good well they wernt last time i phoned,

and yes the first on to get hot is the flow (as you look at the front of the boiler on your left 2nd pipe in is the flow) and error 28 on me app is showing heating temp error/no singal so i would test that first.

Last edited:

Reply to Any boiler service engineers on? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net