Discuss Any BSEN60898 CB fit the old Wylex NN Boards? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Google 'Wylex NN' and go to the first TLC link. They seem to sell them on there still. I doubt you'll find anything thats not second hand or surplus stock as that style of MCB is obsolete. The other alternative is MK used to do a conversion kit for there old boards to fit new MCBs. The kit consisted of a length of flexible lead and a unusual shaped piece of copper that took the lead and fitted under the incoming screw of an existing MCB. You then just slotted a new MCB on to the DIN rail at the far end of the board and connected the flexible lead in to the base of the new MCB.

Thanks Dunc. I will go hunt. I need a BSEN60898 as the ZS is too high for the current BS3871 type 2 (I think max is 0.87 off the top of my head). The wire is 2.5mm/1mm RFC and produces a ZS of 1.11
(R1+R2 of 0.70 + ZE of 0.41)

Update: Ok, rang Wylex - they say you can still get the NB although 32a and they are BSEN60898 so if I can find one (off to "wilts") and its true Im sorted, thanks. Dave

Flicking through a few bits on Google i also read that Hager MCBs fit the Wylex NN busbar. I don't know if that's true but worth a shot considering Hager's MCB design hasn't changed since its first inception.

Thanks, yes you were spot on last time Dunc when you said the Hager RCBO that I wanted would fit the old hager board - it did :) Thanks for your experience.

Reply to Any BSEN60898 CB fit the old Wylex NN Boards? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Do I need any more than this to fit the above board, does it need a fitting kit for the switch or anything extra to get it up and running (tails...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just wondering if any of you know which RCBOs might fit this old GET board? Cheers in advance!
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I'm not a Hager user so hence the question. I've been asked to wire in lights and a fan etc for a bathroom for a mate of mine who's a...
Replies
Views
I may well need to change all the MCB's for RCBO's in this board (see picture). Do Wylex RCBO's fit in this board? It is currently fitted with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a dual RCD board made by Hager installed a couple of months ago. It is high integrity, which I understand to mean RCBO’s can be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock