Discuss Any Golfers Out There? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Village course at Wike is surprisingly nice, although a little short. Spofforth is definitely pay and play. Has been for as long as I remember

Sorry I was thinking Scarcroft.

Playing the village in the morning (8 hours from now doh), given myself the day off and really wound up the gaffer for doing so (he deserves it, we've had a big falling out today so tough ****). If I shoot 90 or less I'll be happy with the first proper game of the year.

Last edited:
Ok I posted up a 93, only two bad drives over 18 that spoiled it.

@ Test-Meter. Fancy a round some time? Both bring a friend and have a four ball?

I used to be a fairly good golfer and played in a couple of competitions, then all of a sudden I gave it all up, in the past 12 years I have played about 6 rounds (usually free rounds from wholesalers or some other reason) and been the the driving range about 10 times.

Due to now working shifts I get a fair bit of time off, and until I buy a new house I may have a bit of time to pop down the range or fingers crossed even get 18 in! To spur me on to do this I'm thinking of buying a new driver , everything I own is from 12 years ago and so is my knowledge of everything golf. Everything now is far far cheaper than it was!

Anyway ay I went on the American golf and see they are selling the Taylor made rbz2 for £129. Is this a good deal? Anyone recommend anything for similar money? I don't want to spend a fortune on something which may end up never getting used! I've read a few reviews and it's all quite positive but I don't always believe them. Will it be a giant leap forward in club design from what I'm used to?

Cheers for any input.

Taylor Made do not produce rubbish clubs but for £129 brand new it makes you think. Any chance of going to a driving range that also sells clubs and try them out first? Do a web search for Taylor Made approved retailers in your area and book a "fitting" if they have a range or an indoor computer range.

Personally I buy 2nd hand due to having a really good golf shop near me that takes clubs as part exchange, Got my Galloway X-18 full iron set for £195 8 years ago! Still worth that now lol.

American golf who are about half hour away have a computer type bay for hitting new clubs, which doesn't do much for me.

Never owned a taylor made made to be honest they were never quite up with the competition when I was playing, not from what I can see a lot of pros are using them so they must have improved.

I think its cheap as most the reviews seem to be from last year so it may becoming to the end of its marketable life.

I dont like the golf simulators as well. If you try it out and it feels good buy it. At least in shop they will fit you with the correct flex and stiffness of shaft for your swing.

played 9 holes with a few lads after work the other day, it was a longish par 3 course with 2 par 4s, i got beat by all three of them, was good fun though and i managed to keep the score sensible with only a 8 iron and pitching wedge as thats all i had in the car, NO putter!

Looking at getting a pencil bag now to keep half a set in the car at all times.

Another golfer here from essex, just got a new set of callys which i love, dont have an actual handicap but i am very inconsistent ranging from early 80'2 to mid 90's haha last 2 rounds were 86 and 95

just played 9 holes, on a short par 31 course, ten over and lost a couple of balls, one birdie so didnt play too bad, and the greens were cr#p.

think ive been bitten by the bug again, a couple of investments in equipment and i think i will be playing regularly again when work permits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woz you need some clubs mate!

Kajdean, your just a shark!!!! How many shots do you loose from the Tee?? Same as me, if we sort that out we will be good?!?!?

That is a good day out imho, it will cost you though! They are selling there products at the end of the the day but if you need and want them, its a good day out!

Lol im not a shark, me and my mate have to much fun and i easily lose my concentration :/ Think im gonna sign up for the mcmillan 4 rounds in one day this year :)

Yeah should be good, no cheating though getting a cart haha. Might be a struggle getting round 4 times with a bit of traffic :D

If you do it, put me down for £20 mate. PM me your details and I'll send you it by PayPal. Good luck and well done before you even start!

just picked myself up a mini stand style bag for £40, was going to get a pencil bag but didnt like how floppy they were and lack of dividers, this was a perfect trade off for a light bag. got 3/4 of a set in there and is still really light.

Reply to Any Golfers Out There? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net