Discuss Any ideas for a small rain shelter to work outside? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning everyone.

I was wondering what you guys do if you need to work outside in the rain? I dont mean if it's a torrential storm, just some rain.

In paricular I just want to be able to cover a small area and have one or two tools with me.

It would have to be something that just pops up or is very easy and quick to put up, perhaps just a large sports umbrella!? SKLZ Sports Brella - Great Sun Protection Only ÂŁ59.90

Or indeed any other clever ideas that you have?

Cheers.

I was thinking maybe Condoms as they put them on Guns to keep them Dry.

But i dont think it could take a dam good hard banging really.. What Tools do you want to keep try
i guess when working outside its a question of taking what you need to know how to keep it dry.

Is the Tash optional Hellmooth

Gill sailing coat, will keep you dry all day has a rubber band on the arms to stop water getting in, dries in about half an hour and keeps you nice and warm.
As for tools just have what you need and a cloth to dry them

I was thinking maybe Condoms as they put them on Guns to keep them Dry.

But i dont think it could take a dam good hard banging really.. What Tools do you want to keep try
i guess when working outside its a question of taking what you need to know how to keep it dry.

Is the Tash optional Hellmooth

Yes, it's waterproof as well

look out for a red/white tent over a manhole. make sure the guys are down the hole. tent on van and leg it.

TWO sensible answers from Wirepuller and Pete. Thankyou to both of you sensible fellows :smile:

I shall not be going inside.
I shall not be wearing a silly hat.
I shall not be wearing a condom.
I don't have an apprentice.
I shall not be manning up.
And I certainly wont be stealing anything!

Umbrella or beach buddy it is I think, or perhaps just a piece or tarp if easy to do!

Thanks for ALL the suggestions :biggrin:

3152892b254eecdd4f91cfbf9c001ea8.jpg

Reply to Any ideas for a small rain shelter to work outside? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net