Discuss Any ideas what this type of roof tile is actually called? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stevie gill

Hi All,

Relatively new to the forum but have been reading lots of your posts regarding the state of the industry and supplier issues with interest!!!

I need to order a roofing system for the roof as shown below, but are struggling to identify the type of tile. Any ideas?:53::53::53:

Site Survey Photos 003.jpg

Many thanks in advance guys

they look like marleys. it's not a very clear pic. i'm sure if you take a closer pic and take the pic to your local builder's merchant, ythey will ID them for you.

they look like marleys. it's not a very clear pic. i'm sure if you take a closer pic and take the pic to your local builder's merchant, ythey will ID them for you.

Thanks for the response. Purely from an ordering perspective, I was trying to figure out what type of mounting kit I'd need to obtain from the suppliers (i.e Pantile Type 1,2,3 etc etc)???

Don't know name of tiles, but similar to double roman, try and slide up a tile and measure depth to rafter, then select a hook with the correct depth.

disto D8? is that the kit that u can do all the measurments from ground? how much and do it work!! ps i like ur clipboard!! makes my POST IT NOTE look silly!!

disto D8? is that the kit that u can do all the measurments from ground? how much and do it work!! ps i like ur clipboard!! makes my POST IT NOTE look silly!!

Hi powervan.

Yes, the Disto D8 does let you carry out all the measurements from the ground, including pitch of roof etc. As regards to price, we paid approx £550 all in, including the tri-pod and mounting bracket, both of which come seperate to the actual laser for some reason???? The good thing about having a clipboard is the fact that the customer can't see you doodling or writing stupid stuff about them, if you know they're never gonna buy a system off you, and are just price checking for someone else!!!

Reply to Any ideas what this type of roof tile is actually called? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net