Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Any one used CP Fuse Box???? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Curtis Mal

Curtis Mal New EF Member

Hi just wounding has anyone fit anything by CP fuse box? They seem to be a cheap make of consumer units.

I ended up fitting a CP fuse box SPD main switch unit as I was struggling to find a manufacturer that was reasonably priced. However I must it admit felt really well made and even had a cable clamp inside for the tails but something inside me is still saying avoid because it’s so cheap.

Any views?

2. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

They are getting good reviews so far from first time installers. I'll be trying them soon after my current stock of boards is depleted.

3. Charlie_

Charlie_ Electrician's Arms

Top Poster Of Month

I would recommend doing a bit of research before using new and unheard of products..
    This company was only started a couple of years ago, they have more liabilities than assets and haven’t filed any profit/loss statements for last 2 years..
    The guy who owns the company used to work for controlgear direct, which is which is also badged up as Lewden..
    I suspect that CP Electric are getting there gear from somewhere like CG direct and then just shipping it out..
    They aren’t manufacturers; stick to the likes of Hager, Wyler, etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

Had to add a circuit to one had the very cheap proteus feel to it where every breaker sits slanted and the lid doesn't fit properly would not even consider buying one

5. bill01803

bill01803 Regular EF Member

I was rather impressed that the main switch core components are copper so they shouldn’t melt like the Lewden/CGD

6. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

Is this the same company that does lighting controls CP electronics?

7. Charlie_

Charlie_ Electrician's Arms

Top Poster Of Month