Discuss any shooting enthusiasts in here? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

As above really.
Anyone into air pistols, air rifles (FAC or non FAC) shotguns, rifles etc?
What do you do? Target hunting pest control?
And most importantly where and for how long have you enjoyed the sport?

I use an air rifle, a hatsan mod60s. Low cost and very well built. I started off target shooting at a local club but I'm going into hunting rabbits and a bit of pest control.
A lot of people don't rate the hatsan but its the same as the Webley stingray mk2 which they rave about!

Had enough of guns thank you, used to have a 0.22 air gun when I was a boy

I've had a 0.177 and a 0.22 for years.used to use it for target practice in an outhouse when I had one where I used to live. I also have a panzer 3 crossbow. Immense thing but very rarely used. Nowhere to use it really.

Yeah got a webley raider 10 shot pcp Air rifle got to a indoor range local to me when I get chance, oh and I've also got a cp pistol

Between myself, the brother in law and father in law we have a .270, .222 and .22 as well as two 12 bores, a 20 bore and a 28 bore. Not been out in a while but shoot rabbits, ducks, woodcock, geese and red & roe deer. Also do a bit of pest control, foxes, hooded crows, minks, etc.

Guns I regularly use are my 12 gauge Codswell & Harrison mostly for clay pigeon but I also have some salt rounds for pest control. I have a Taurus 38 s/steel snub nose, a baretta 92 which is compensator modified, Sig Sauer p226 which I've recently dismantled and am retrofitting the trigger mechanism. Oh, and a Glock 19.

I've got lots of firearms I don't use as well, many have just been dumped in my gun safe by their owners over the years as they've emigrated/died/disappeared etc. I also used to be into reconditioning firearms but I don't have the time nowadays so I also have some collectors pieces as well.

I'm low grade I'mafraid, just got a Weinrach something or other, all I remember is it wan't cheap 20 years ago (ÂŁ250+)

i just shoot the bleedin' pigeons in my own plot, they eat the crops. Ones died on the top roof, and is festering up there, having the last laugh.

I had a classic double 32" shotgun for 10 years, used to clay and skeet shoot, also owned dozens of air rifles, I only have a air 177 pistol now to scare off pigeons, I wouldn't actually shoot one though, I am an animal lover.

I had a classic double 32" shotgun for 10 years, used to clay and skeet shoot, also owned dozens of air rifles, I only have a air 177 pistol now to scare off pigeons, I wouldn't actually shoot one though, I am an animal lover.

Well Looking at Resu's pastime don't ever take him up on an offer of a day out.
For the record I also could never kill a living creature in the name of " sport "

Sorry should have said. Don't do it for sport, everything we shoot is eaten by ourselves or gifted/sold on to be eaten by others (obviously not including the pest control side). Do a lot of pest control for farmers/crofters, a lot of problems with mink killing chickens and foxes and hooded crows taking out newborn lambs, so all justified!

Well Looking at Resu's pastime don't ever take him up on an offer of a day out.
For the record I also could never kill a living creature in the name of " sport "
I am still fuming about the latest Badger culls, I bet thats a heated debate for a friday night in itself, may start that friday lol

THis would make a good debate for Friday night and I for one would get involved and air my views.

And don't even get me started on the Ba$tard$ who hunt Rhino, elephant, Big cats, My Brothers, Bears to name but a few.
It Seriously boils my blood how any human being thinks he has some divine right to pick up a gun and kill a Magnificent creature purely for the bragging rights or with a Rhino for example all for the sake of removing the Horn. AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Reply to any shooting enthusiasts in here? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net