Discuss Anybody bother to join trustmark scheme? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I know the schemes/scams depending on your outlook offer the Trustmark scheme as a add on.

Has anybody actually seen any benefit from having this extra or is it just money down the drain?

You might get one or two people who see it and think you are a demigod as a result and might be trustworthy but your average Joe public doesn't care what scheme if any you are in all they care about is price, that it works and the certificate at the end...

Opinions welcome

My scheme logo is on my website and estimates and invoices.

That's enough

The more logos you show, what are you trying to prove?

Money is better in your bank

£50 usually for a couple of van stickers, what a joke. I don't even advertise the scheme I am in that has assessed me, let alone one that doesn't bother to.

For the first few years with my scheme I opted for Trust Mark. I decided not to this year, at about £70?

No customer ever told me they found me via their web site, not sure the van stickers made any difference either!

When Trust Mark relies on accreditation, which is carried on by the 'Schemes', and which these 'Schemes' then advertise our existence on their web site, and which Trust Mark then mimics, it does seem a complete waste of money.

On Trust Marks web site;

'TrustMark is the only Government endorsed scheme for almost all trades in and around the home. We award registered firms with our accreditation after thorough vetting and on-site inspections to ensure the firm is raising industry standards'.

Isn't Competent Persons Register | Home - https://www.competentperson.co.uk/ government approved, I was never vetted by them?

We were Trustmark for years then one year the NICEIC didn't include it in our renewal.
Hasn't made the slightest difference, although we are more commercial / industrial focused.
A couple of years ago I did enquire with the NICEIC about Trustmark, they just sent me a load of information about that scam they and Which have set up, nothing to do with Trustmark.

I did it and trustmark trading standards approved £180 I can't see any uptick in business because of it. I will not do it again.

In 3 - 4 Year of having it, I picked up one customer .... its not going to pay for its self and unless its a requirement to have it I probable wouldn't bother.

unless you have a web site and want a few thing on it to make you look a bit more professional..

It’s the same as the rest ie rated peaple, chickatrade and so on. You pay to de a member of on scam and then they sell you memberships of a second scam because the first scam does f k all for you and the next one does Avon less, it’s all about the money fat suits and big pats on the back, who gives a sh ! About the little man

Thing is a not for profit UK wide organisation could keep track of sparks and get copies of calibration, insurance etc electronically. They could then do random inspections........................ it would be so simple (and cheaper).

Then said organisation could tell the IET to stuff its continual meddling with the regs that are nothing but jobs for the boys ...................

Thing is a not for profit UK wide organisation could keep track of sparks and get copies of calibration, insurance etc electronically. They could then do random inspections........................ it would be so simple (and cheaper).

Then said organisation could tell the IET to stuff its continual meddling with the regs that are nothing but jobs for the boys ...................
You had a bad day as well Murdoch?:D

Reply to Anybody bother to join trustmark scheme? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock