Discuss Anybody had tools stolen in Wiltshire area? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Wiltshire police have recovered a huge haul of stolen power tools and other bits and bobs stolen from vans and vehicles in the Wiltshire area... They also recovered a stolen caravan from the same site....
Police followed a tracking device in a guys tools to find them.
It would not be politically correct to point fingers at any particular community or group... however its pretty obvious who is responsible....
Police have posted images and asking for people to get in touch if you have had stuff stolen in Wiltshire area.
http://www.wiltshire.police.uk/news/4073-thousands-of-pounds-worth-of-power-tools-found

Wiltshire police have recovered a huge haul of stolen power tools and other bits and bobs stolen from vans and vehicles in the Wiltshire area... They also recovered a stolen caravan from the same site....
Police followed a tracking device in a guys tools to find them.
It would not be politically correct to point fingers at any particular community or group... however its pretty obvious who is responsible....
Police have posted images and asking for people to get in touch if you have had stuff stolen in Wiltshire area.
Thousands of pounds worth of power tools found - http://www.wiltshire.police.uk/news/4073-thousands-of-pounds-worth-of-power-tools-found
Let me guess Stolen tools and a Caravan, yes Gavin you are more than likely correct in your assumption.

PC gone wrong again, why don't we all say what we mean, the itinerant community for sure.

I like the image that they will return and find the caravan, van and the booty taken -
One to another - 'ah the thievin' sods, they've taken it all - is there no honour amongst teevs' - (please insert accent - try not to sound like a pirate!)

"The tools, van and caravan were removed; there was nobody on site at the time and we have not yet identified any suspects."

Wonder if they've bothered to check for fingerprints....

Fingerprints not likely to prove a lot. Officer, I found them abandoned in a ditch. No way to find the owner so I kept them. Some guy tried to sell them to me don't know his name. I'm a god fearing Christian officer, I'd never steal anything!
Check out the police auction sites guys, if they can't find the victims they'll be auctioned off.

We or rather I have been reliably informed that most of the tools stolen from my area end up in the north of England. The beloved community officer also tried telling me that since the council turned off ALL the streetlights in the side streets and not the every other one that they originally proposed too save money, crime and theft hasn't been affected.
Funny as the 2 police officers who I had the pleasure of meeting on an unrelated incident, I was given the task of reviewing cctv footage of a Friday night Saturday morning to pin point a time of a break in to save the cctv operators having to do the same thing. All they had to do was look at the cameras from the time I gave them. My point is that those officers told me it was a nightmare for them as the scum bags can see the lights of the police cars coming, they can hide in the dark and unless they have a dog unit will remain undetected.
So our beloved council in their wisdom to save money and keep the main roads fully lit up have in fact put far more people at risk .

Surrey Police used to tie in with local town centre CCTV operators locally based who would guide officers in on local radio link. To save money the CCTV operation has been farmed out to private company half way up the country with no effective direct radio link! Less effective and probably more expensive. Then again 30 years ago you had police officers manning the phones at local control rooms who were part of the same teams operating out on the streets. They’d know the area like the back of their hand and if anything happened could guide officers in to situations with ease. Still, that’s progress!

Reply to Anybody had tools stolen in Wiltshire area? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net