Discuss Anybody know who makes these ?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Been working in a old property. Wiring is getting on a bit but one of the breakers has failed. Not a major problem as the lights are split between numerous circuits and i can take an old one out of the now redundant and unused eco7 board that used to power the old lights in laundry/maids room.
Cant see any markings on them or when opened up cu front casing to see make/model etc as im trying work out type along lines of type b 60898 etc... to get a good look requires a bit of effort. It is located in grand hallway with very high ceilings about 5 feet above a door!
It is so high up on the wall it needs a tall step ladder to reach and im 6ft2!!... owner has to use a long cane or fishing rod if a breaker trips!
Trying to avoid a replacement and will be going for rcd socket outlets next week when i do some additions.
Apologies for poor angle but given height i struggled to reach it fully on this visit.
Any body recognise make and model?

Anybody know who makes these ?? 20180319_135308 - EletriciansForums.net

I havent got the test results from earlier with me from other circuits as its in the van to check zs right now from other circuits. there are no rcds in this house hence the rcd sockets im going to fit to avoid adding rcds into the current set up. I will source a replacement breaker for the broken one out of the now redundant 2nd eco7 board that is no longer used. Its just a case of testing it before hand to ensure its all okiedokie. I didnt recognise the make from the picture as it was the best view i could get at arms reach with my small ladder. They do have a smart meter though! mounted in a little cupboard half way up the wall in the boot closet in hallway!
The house in question is like a mini Buckingham palace! when you walk in the ceiling is around 12 to 15 feet high with an amazing chandelier in the hallway and when you stand at the ornate stairwell you can look down to basement level or all the way upto to the 5th floor and the stained glass skylight. I can only dream of living in such a house if i win the lottery... @Pete999 having spent time in these parts will appreciate the splendour of the old Georgian houses around town.
the owner is a retired surgeon and his wife was a chemistry professor for some big pharmaceutical company; he has been knighted, there are pictures of him with the queen mother and various notable people at the palace, he still lectures and consults/ contributes to books and research though and in his study he has jars of various body part specimens. really fascinating stuff,
If this is what being a surgeon brings you I will be sending my kids to medical school!

We do a lot of work on the old Square D distribution boards....any of the mcbs shown below will fit in your DB
Schneider still manufactures the QOE (QOvs) mcbs and rcbos, although there’s a limit on what type and size you can get.
Anybody know who makes these ?? E38C9225-763D-4E2B-BA10-826810BD1E37 - EletriciansForums.net

I havent got the test results from earlier with me from other circuits as its in the van to check zs right now from other circuits. there are no rcds in this house hence the rcd sockets im going to fit to avoid adding rcds into the current set up. I will source a replacement breaker for the broken one out of the now redundant 2nd eco7 board that is no longer used. Its just a case of testing it before hand to ensure its all okiedokie. I didnt recognise the make from the picture as it was the best view i could get at arms reach with my small ladder. They do have a smart meter though! mounted in a little cupboard half way up the wall in the boot closet in hallway!
The house in question is like a mini Buckingham palace! when you walk in the ceiling is around 12 to 15 feet high with an amazing chandelier in the hallway and when you stand at the ornate stairwell you can look down to basement level or all the way upto to the 5th floor and the stained glass skylight. I can only dream of living in such a house if i win the lottery... @Pete999 having spent time in these parts will appreciate the splendour of the old Georgian houses around town.
the owner is a retired surgeon and his wife was a chemistry professor for some big pharmaceutical company; he has been knighted, there are pictures of him with the queen mother and various notable people at the palace, he still lectures and consults/ contributes to books and research though and in his study he has jars of various body part specimens. really fascinating stuff,
If this is what being a surgeon brings you I will be sending my kids to medical school!

If he starts taking them jars down to the cellar,joining them together,in a bid to make a "new life"... that type 4,will be ideal,for supplying the necessary "vital-spark" ;)

Can you get rcbos for these boards?
Yeah they still make them (Schneider), but they are expensive if you get them from a Wholesaler.
Anybody know who makes these ?? 7BA9B710-DAA9-4413-9A1E-D237C637E74F - EletriciansForums.net
Anybody know who makes these ?? 38BAAEC5-3F89-4354-8271-303E0B5B3366 - EletriciansForums.net
Shop about on eBay, plenty to look at.....would avoid buying these ones shown below as I’ve done lots of EICRs in the past, and these are notorious for failing on RCD testing!
Anybody know who makes these ?? 984F24DD-8E11-479B-B0DF-7AC267B502D5 - EletriciansForums.net

Anybody know who makes these ?? DDDFD3DF-43A3-40B9-B434-14A612CE3E14 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Anybody know who makes these ?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock