Discuss Anybody seen this type of heating controller in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

Hi all has anybody or can tell me where to get an replacement unit basically it is a 2 timeclocks controlling 2 30 amp control relays with a time-off-constant switch for each clock I think the name on the fron is Altair would appreciate any advice please

P8240006.jpg

I'll take a punt and suggest that it's probably obselete. You could just replace it with a pair of clocks of course, it won't be much more complicated than a relay system.

Ye gods!

That should be in the science museum, not seen one of them for twenty years or more. Just replace the clocks with a modern timer / timers, there will be a delay between the clocks switching on so all load doesn’t hit the supply in one go. You’ll have to retain the relays, or better still replace them, they must be on their last legs.

Reply to Anybody seen this type of heating controller in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm in the middle of preparing a quote for installing 12 x 3Kw and 4 x 2Kw halogen heaters in a church. The system design was provided by a...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone We have a little problem with a heating system on one of the projects (quite big house in south Kensington) and we are looking for...
Replies
Views
At our church, one of the things I've done is sort out the heating wiring (as best I can for now). The schematic is as shown below. The theory...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a problem I’d like some advice on, please. If you just want to know the question please go directly to section B of the following. If...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock