Discuss Anyone done the 2365 level 3? what did you do after it? + advice please in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mike Blair

what did you do once you gained your level 3 electrical installation 2365?.I had college 2 days a week and i worked the other 3 days a week for a year and a half. one of the teachers tryed to get me onto the apprenticeship side "2357 but the other teachers would not let me.....any who I got speaking to the teachers have in june 2014 once i completed my level 3 and there saying I now have to do a 3 year apprenticeship after just doing 3 years at college! "including my level 1 2330"... other people are saying i can pay for an nvq separate.

its hard to find work as an electricians mate because i cant drive. i have contacted sites . company's and get no reply and there's loads of small jobs like cctv , alarms i can doo and get offered but...because i cant drive i cant get to them lol.

My priority right now is driving lessons + a van but what do i do about the nvq situation. i was planning to do my 2394,5 and ipaf soon as i have the funds but even with that i cant get a jib card can i? from what i have seen i can only get a Trainee electrician (Stage 3) until i get an nvq

i have posted a few times on here about my situation but just having no luck sorry if im annoying anyone with my sad violin haha

Ok, so the following info needs checking up on as I have not kept a full track on C&G numbers as they are, but as I understand it:
  • the 2365 levels 2 and 3 are your core technical qualifications and replace the 2330 levels 2 and 3.
  • the 2357 is both your your core qualifications and your NVQ3 and AM2 wrapped up in one package
  • the 2356 is a stand alone NVQ3 for those that have already gained the core qualifications, this is the one you need.

You will also require your AM2 with your NVQ3 to get a JIB electrician grading if that is your aim.
Can anyone help confirm this ?

one of my teachers said that i could do a stand alone nvq the 2356!! But all the other teachers would not have it and kept saying no you can not and you have to get the 2357 for the nvq. The teacher who told me i could ended up leaving. i told the other students that you can do a stand alone nvq and all the other teachers went nuts at me :s so from college i have always been confused since

The Nvq 2356 level 3 changed last year and you won't be able to do it as a stand alone without at least 5 years experience on the tools.

you will have to do the Nvq 2357 level 3 and your 2365 level 2&3 will count towards this qualification. To gain the 2357 with the qualifications you have got you will have to cover units 603&605 and do your AM2.

Have a look at this, they are also a forum sponsor NVQ 2357 Electrical Installation - NVQ 3 Electrical Online

NVQ 2356 2357 Electrical Application Form - NVQ 3 Electrical Online

you will have to do the Nvq 2357 level 3 and your 2365 level 2&3 will count towards this qualification. To gain the 2357 with the qualifications you have got you will have to cover units 603&605 and do your AM2.

when you say count does that mean i just have to work and build a portfolio? and don't have to redo all the sections i have already done?

when you say count does that mean i just have to work and build a portfolio? and don't have to redo all the sections i have already done?

yes you will have to find work and build your portfolio, cover any units that haven't been covered in your 2365 level 2&3 which I think is only two units plus you will have to do your AM2

so will it be like a year long?

see now i speak to college teachers about this subject they just tried there best to avoid it. now because im over 19 and have already done a level 3. will i have to pay for this? :s

so will it be like a year long?

see now i speak to college teachers about this subject they just tried there best to avoid it. now because im over 19 and have already done a level 3. will i have to pay for this? :s

probably will have to pay for it but you will be able to apply for funding depending on circumstances like you parents income etc if you still live at home. If I was you I would ring someone like XS training in the post I put earlier and see how much it will cost. The time it takes to complete your Nvq portfolio will be dependent on the variety of work you undertake and how much dedication you give it. You have to be registered with city& guilds for a minimum of 10 weeks before they will issue you your certificate but IMO to complete a portfolio in 10weeks would be proper going some! probably will be more like 6 months to a year.

Reply to Anyone done the 2365 level 3? what did you do after it? + advice please in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock