Discuss Anyone done work for LOM Maintenance? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BigAndyB

Hi Guys,

Had a call from LOM Maintenance, in Southend, they do call out work accross the country.
They seemed proffessional, but they do not pay!! I only did two jobs, but as i'm cautious and busy, i waited and got plenty of calls, but was unable to help.
When i spoke to the call centre last, and said no work till i get paid. No more calls, no more work.

Anyone else had dealings with them??

They have a sponsored link on various search engines where a customer will click on the link and contact them in regard to their plumbing or electrical fault, they immediately ask the customer for their credit card details before attending to the fault, they charge £86 per hour.

They will then ring around the local tradesman in the area, asking if they subcontract and would you mind attending this callout.

The tradesman will then attend and fix the fault, contacting LOM when the job is complete.

Once a tradesman attends their job, they offer them other work which can be further away, they do not pay travel time, only the hour that you have taken to fix the job, the tradesman then attends and fixes these faults at the end of the week submitting their invoices

The emphasis is on the tradesman to chase up getting paid, you will then be spending another hour sending e-mails and ringing them - You will have a very difficult time in trying to get them to pay.

They then went into liquidation - knowing that the tradesman will not pursue them through the courts.

Re-establishing themselves later ...and the whole story goes round in a loop again!

Plural of ball! Have I just been had or what? I can't get any response from their accounts person "sue" by email nor can I get their accounts to answer the phone.

Take the family to the seaside for the day at Southend-on-Mud, While you leave the family at the beach for a fun day out, pop in to the LOM's office, i'm sure they will be very pleased to see you!! lol!!

sticky wicket. the end user has paid LOM for those materials and so they legally belong to him. your dispute is with LOM. i can lend you a hammer and/or shotgun.

Unfortunately, you have been had, after not paying for me to attend 2 * jobs, they still have the cheek to ring me and ask me to attend other jobs - I told them where to go.

They advertise to use electricians from Compedent person schemes and list these schemes, not only giving you a bad reputation as you will be associated with the high prices they charge, but also your compedent person scheme

Perhaps these compendent person schemes should do what we all pay them to do, and contact LOM Maintenance and asked for their association with them to be removed.

you need to set up a small claims its cheap and easy and can be done online, it all get logged against them even if it comes to nothing and sooner or later trading standards steps in

i think some guys needs to have a get together...go down there and pay these emptyheads a visit....
sometimes its better to settle these things `out of court`....lol...

Bonus, this thread appears on google page 2, when you type in LOM Maintenance.
How do we get to page 1, so their prospective customers can see this???

They are listed on the NICEIC Wall of Shame.

They advertise to use electricians from Compedent person schemes and list these schemes, not only giving you a bad reputation as you will be associated with the high prices they charge, but also your compedent person scheme

Perhaps these compendent person schemes should do what we all pay them to do, and contact LOM Maintenance and asked for their association with them to be removed.

I must be one of the lucky ones I think. I carried out a call out for this company & did get paid, admittidly I did have to chase them up with a phone call 2 months later & it was only for a small amount of around about £50

I dont think I will be doing any more for them though. I steer clear of all these companies now, just aint worth it

Did 2 jobs in Jan and Feb 2013 have phoned about 20 times and emailed Sue about the same amount of times she promises payment - never comes now nearly six months - they phoned last week to pass me a job - really !!!!!!!!!they have a freephone number which I have passed to my family we will all call them several times a day till I get payment 0800 121 6002 their sales guy Andrew answers the phone now he hangs up on me. Steer well clear.

Hi Guys,

Had a call from LOM Maintenance, in Southend, they do call out work accross the country.
They seemed proffessional, but they do not pay!! I only did two jobs, but as i'm cautious and busy, i waited and got plenty of calls, but was unable to help.
When i spoke to the call centre last, and said no work till i get paid. No more calls, no more work.

Anyone else had dealings with them??

I have a small pest control company, they owe me nearly £600, they lie about paying. director called Lawrence. At present they have 5 ccj agianst them. They charge customers £100 + vat for a wasp nest (we charge £50), they take the money then get a sub contractor to do the work & then not pay the sub contractor. Crooks. I wish some thing could be done.

Well, yesterday was a good day. LOM called me for a call out, I agreed and waited for their confirmation email. Once I had the client contact number, I rang it, explained the situation with this outfit and put her on to the electrical safety register (I was unavailable at the time, she did offer to deal with me directly). She thanked me for saving her paying over the odds and I hope someone on the list was able to help her. LOM called me up today and asked if everything went ok, so I gave them the news that I hadn't attended and my reason why, they informed me they'd check with accounts. I'm not expecting to get paid for the work I did for them before, but at least I stopped them taking money yesterday. If anybody fancies popping in to their offices, not heavy handed, just a mass visitation, i'm up for it later in the year?

Surprise surprise got paid by them today. Only taken 6 months. Numerous calls to 'sue' In the end i just sent a copy of the small claims form filled out. Will have to see if the cheque bounces...

Hi Guys Unfortunately they are still at it. I have done a few jobs and got paid but then they have done the dirty on us. Poor 92 year gentelman no electricity on a friday night emergancy call out .......you know the one hearts strings a tugging,spent 2 hours there getting everything sorted for him. They charged him a fortune!.....never paid me despite numerous attempts and LOADS of excuses. one more job also not paid from them. fed up with there crap now nearly six months. taken them to court!! DONT WORK FOR THEM !

Reply to Anyone done work for LOM Maintenance? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock