Discuss Anyone fancy a job as an Electrical inspector in the US in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looks pretty straight forward and quick, how many do you reckon you could do in a day, not a MFT in sight, sound.
Part 2

Last edited:
Interesting comparisons & differentials, first vid circa 2009.

Taper proof receptacles now required (i.e. like our BS 1363)
GFI on receptacles in bathrooms, kitchens & outdoor sockets
AFFD's on receptacles & lighting in bedrooms
An outside light requirement for front door.

Can't watch the second vid Pete.

Interesting comparisons & differentials, first vid circa 2009.

Taper proof receptacles now required (i.e. like our BS 1363)
GFI on receptacles in bathrooms, kitchens & outdoor sockets
AFFD's on receptacles & lighting in bedrooms
An outside light requirement for front door.

Can't watch the second vid Pete.
Right I'll see if I can rectify that Mate
How about now?

Interesting that the arc fault detectors disconnect both the outlets and the lights. That could be fun for the homeowner ...

Sorries Pete, meant it was too long in time to watch. My wifes has placed parental control on my electricians forum use. :(
Oh I see under the thumb are we:p, same here, not to worry I did wonder as others could watch it

One of your more interesting American videoes Pete. There are a few similarities there between us and them they are a bit behind with the shuttered sockets we have had them for years. Not much testing only with a plugin socket tester, I know these were from 2009 maybe they have an RCBO/AFD combined now?

Lights switch on and off again.... They must be fine then!!

Those switches and sockets look horrible as well.

As do the exposed terminations on the incomers in the second video, especially with his metal watch dangling about! It's all OK though, he has his gloves on!

We may moan about alot of what goes on in the UK but we do seem to at least be aiming for a high standard!

Last edited:

Reply to Anyone fancy a job as an Electrical inspector in the US in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net