Discuss Anyone fancy one of these on their bathroom ceiling??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

No ta. Seen em in old council houses that have not been refurbed since 70's. Maybe they making a come back lol. Be nice a 6amp light circuit too

do you mean england's close encounter with a try (almost) ? LOL.

For gods sake, they’re still on sale!
I had a monumental row with mother when she wanted one fitted. I still lived at “home” then and I flatly refused, I was on “cold tongue” for weeks afterwards. That was 40 years ago!

I had to fit a Dimplex 1KW IR heater to appease her. it did until she saw the chase up the wall from the fused spur on the landing. That was another dose of “cold tongue” treatment.

Come on it’s what we had at the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from anything else, they worked and worked well in bathrooms before the advent of central heating. we had one at my parents house for god knows how many years!! Only came down when the central heating was installed!!

So what is the problem with running one of these on a 6A MCB?? Ours ran off a 5A rewirable lol!! Pretty sure there are many a rented flat that could benefit from one of these old heat/light fittings being installed. Especially on a freezing cold UK morning!!

I remember my Nans house having one, must of been a deluxe model as it was fan assisted too

Somebody wanting one in the 21st century though? I'd insist on fitting a LED lamp with it though....

Reply to Anyone fancy one of these on their bathroom ceiling??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi, my niece lives in a flat and has a bathroom without a window. There is an extractor fan which packed up and an electrician installed a new one...
Replies
Views
Basically as title, but can anyone recommend a good one. So far not seen a good one that I like, fitted a few for customers where you have to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock