• Latest offer from Electrical2Go! >> CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE THREAD (This Week Hand Dryers) <<
  • Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Anyone got a small van for sale? in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

While we are on the subject of vans, if I may, I want to trade my mercedes high top vito 2010 for a combi mercedes. Anyone got any spare mercedes combi vans knocking around?

Have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?
upload_2018-7-21_10-43-14.jpeg

I have always gone to vanmonster.co.uk for vans. All ex fleet and leased. If they dont have it at your nearest branch theyll drive it down for you.
Prices pretty reasonable. Vans have been serviced as part of thr contract. You can claim the vat back so looking around 3-3.4k for a 14 plate
Gavin you've got a bipa/nemo haven't you? Can you fit steps in the back?

Gavin you've got a bipa/nemo haven't you? Can you fit steps in the back?
yes @Leesparkykent , I Have a Bipper, Not the biggest van but as i am mainly house bashing it does the trick as rarely need tall steps, also parking in it in a city centre is great being quite small. If i was doing more commercial stuff like in the past i would likely have gone one up to a dispatch or maybe a vw caddy. For the price i paid though - £3k + vat for a 14 plate with 60k on the clock cant moan.
I can just about fit my step ladder in and its a fibre glass 6 tread. From memory i think its closed height is 1.7 or 1.8m. I have to put it in on an angle diagonally though. Anything bigger goes on the roof rack.
This link gives the internal dimensions...
Peugeot Bipper 1.4HDi - http://www.whatvan.co.uk/test-drives/first-drive/2008/peugeot-bipper-14hdi

I have a 2011 fiat doblo 1.3 multijet.
I was a bit worried about its size when I got it mine is classed as a long wheelbase so has the double sliding doors.

I thought a little bit about how I was going to rack it, but I can fit a 5 tread and a 6 tread step ladders in the back (under the raised floor)
I paid £2400 ex lease hire but had full service history but 120000 miles on the clock, and it has a chain timming belt.

Loads of them about on the road so your probably be able to find one cheap..

16 plate Citroen Berlingo SWB. I've now decided its too small. I racked it out, which helps with the smaller things.... but just my everyday tools, drums of cable, stepladder... Its pretty well full up.
Got a roof rack for big ladders, and a towbar for my trailer, if I need it.

Does everyone go with new vans or down the second hand route?
Pros and cons both ways, I suppose.
Mine was an ex demo, 6 months from new, had 800 miles on it.

Do the members who have people working for them find that their employees trash the vans?
First company I worked for used to get ex british telecom Austin maestro vans... painted white on the outside, but still BT yellow on the inside

Due to job change I'm selling my Ford Transit Courier. It is a Cat C but i've had it 18 months and it is mint. Its a 2014 (64) and has done 15350 miles, MOT'd till end of Oct but will put another 12 months on as no fear of it failing.. Its got AC, DAB radio among other things. The passenger seat folds down and the bulkhead folds round to accommodate longer items. It comes with roof rack and pipe carrier. I'm asking £4250. (Does not come with reg plate but I have the originals to put back on)

IMG_20180719_190749.jpg

IMG_20180719_190808.jpg

IMG_20180719_190824.jpg

IMG_20180719_190840.jpg

IMG_20180719_190850.jpg

IMG_20180719_190901.jpg

IMG_20180721_141805.jpg

IMG_20180721_141834.jpg

IMG_20180721_141847.jpg

IMG_20180721_141925.jpg

Only downside to ford vans is them lockpick tools the thieves are getting off ebay and letting them selves in with to steal the contents. Thats why i ruled out the ford vans when shopping around. If you get a ford i think you need extra locks fitted.

Reply to Anyone got a small van for sale? in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net