Discuss Anyone interested in roof integrated solar PV? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We've got a full demo roof set up showcasing Viridian Solar's fully BBA approved roof integrated solar PV and solar thermal panels on our stand at the Home Building and Renovation show in Harrogate this weekend (Friday-Sunday 1-3 Nov).

Stand 252 if anyone's interested, happy to discuss it with potential customers, those who're merely interested, or installers who might be interested, as the bigger market they get for the panels, the lower the price will come for all of us...

ps our stand is a woodworking masterpiece of fitting a hell of a lot into a very small space.

Here's one we made earlier... Yorkshire Stone isn't for the faint hearted btw, this took a hell of a lot of work to install.

Viridian-solar-in-roof-mounting-yorkshire-stone.jpg

Whats all that metally, pole type stuffy coming off the walls onto the PV install for? Builder Bob round here never uses any of that on his PV systems!

Other than that, as we say in Wales, "tidy"!

The Viridian kit is the mutts nuts. We have been fitting the ST panels for a number of years. It is an absolute joy to fit and quite quick once you are familiar with it.
You do not need a plumber or electrician there the same day as the roofers as there is no on roof work for them.

Service and back up from the company is excellent. Stuart Elmes and his team do a great job.

I am a great fan of this UK company. PV is not cheap, but ideal for the descerning customer. Do have a look if you haven't done so yet.

Best bet is to contact Mike Cholton, UK Sales Director on 07726 359960.
I'll try and persuade him to register on the forum so he can answer stuff for everyone to see.

I have explained to him shameless self promotion is not what the site is about!

On ease of installation, the answer is once familiar with the kit, very. It was originally designed for new build using normal trades skills. When I first used my current roof squad I asked 'can you fit a Velux window?' When they said of course I told them not to cut the hole. The flashing system is very very similar. Cables or pipe work enter the building inside the flashing. All connections are made inside.

For ST my guys are off the roof by lunch time.

Simples.

Reply to Anyone interested in roof integrated solar PV? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net