Discuss Anyone know how to Clea your Central Heating ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

depends on the system if you have a header tank then you put it in there leave as instructed then flush out the system , refill then add an inhibitor , alot of plumbers will do a system flush for you but its not cheap and prices can vary from place to place

5 L how big is your central heating system:confused:

Got one of these to do mine. Can make one out of a isolator valve for 15mm pipe and a few pipe fittings, but this kit probably works out cheaper

No Nonsense 1Ltr Filling Kit - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

I've used the Screwfix kit to add the de-sludger to systems - works fine as long as you have relatively moderns rads with the right size connector, and you also might need a square rad spanner to open the rad. Radiator Spanner - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

Overall I've found de-sludgers not to work very well with systems that have been badly neglected. The only real fix there is to remove the rads, take them outside and give them a good flush through with a hosepipe. Amazing amounts of black gunge can come out. Put the rads back and then use the de-sludger to clean out the rest of the pipes. Flush and re-fill several times.

or call British Gas and expect to pay in the region of £800 + VAT !!!!! not bad for a couple of hours work

Reply to Anyone know how to Clea your Central Heating ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net