Discuss Anyone make a combined Carbon Monoxide & Heat alarm? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Evening all,

wondered if anyone's come across a combined unit to do both functions - I thought Ei did but now think I'm mistaken.

It's not a show stopper, but it would make for a much less cluttered ceiling!

Cheers, R.

They don't seem to be combined smoke and CO, or am I confused? Couple of glasses of red wine will do that to you!

Edit: Having looked again they do seem to offer a combined system, well worth another look thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
But they do seem to offer a system that gives a visual indication of whether the alarm is smoke or CO activated, with all alarms interconnected.
This comes very close to what is required by the various building regs & BS requirements. Howevever keeping up is becoming more and more exhausting, or is that just me? LOL.

aye it aint easy digesting it all.. nbut we will try cause we love electrics more than chocolate

steady on, now!!

Thanks for the time chaps, you've confirmed what I thought. Oh well, guess it's shot-gun ceiling time! 10 downlights, 2 pendants, 1 sprinkler, 2 alarms and an enormous oak beam. Now then, where's my dual-print tape measure?

i done smokes and heat detectors one day with a dude in council rewiring, they were on there own circuit and he walked round with a brush shaft he seen sitting and just put through ceiling for his heats and smokes... then i thought huh!!! but now i can see the quickness, try it,

with wet underfloor heating AND a high pressure sprinkler system in the same void, I think I'll be using my tape measure, thanks all the same!!!

Reply to Anyone make a combined Carbon Monoxide & Heat alarm? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net