Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss anyone recomend any software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. thekingiam

thekingiam Electrician's Arms

anyone recomend any software for schematic diagrams and such, is there any out there? oh and free.
    just bored and thought i would do a plan of my house with all electrics in and alterations intended and done, maybe it will come in handy for nvq etc.
    i got to admit this house is electrics are so bad that i am going to have to start documentation soon.:confused:

2. Mr.Si

Mr.Si Electrician's Arms

There are some.

The obvious paid for one is called "Visio" and is part of Microsoft Office's suite of programs (but not bundled with it unless you get Office Enterprise)

The free alternatives are programs such as "Dia" - A Free Open Source Alternative to Microsoft Visio

Here is a page with some other links: Free alternative to Microsoft Visio

Blessings

Simon

P.S. Long Live the Free Software Federation! Long Live Open Source and long live the TUX!

3. silva.foxx

silva.foxx Electrician's Arms

Roll your own with the drawing function within MSWord, if you have it. Look for GoogleSketch or SmartDraw... can't vouch for them personally as MSWord serves me well.

4. thekingiam

Cheers mate will have a look!

5. thekingiam

Never thought of ms word will have a look, my comp has just crashed so had to instAll new hard drive will have to put new programs on it so word is on my list anyways as cv is word.
    My ex boss had a program using excel he said he designed himself just wondering if there's any programs with icons for sockets, lights,extractor fans etc

6. DaveyD

DaveyD Electrician's Arms

Thanks Simon :)