Discuss Anyone using Quick books self employed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Loki

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone using Quick Books Self Employed?

if so i was just wondering what your thoughts were?

Is if user friendly?
Do you use the invoice part? Or is it too basic?
Is the end of year self assessment any good? Etc

What other software's options would you recommend if not this?

Thanks

Michael

I use quickbooks. Have done for a trust some friends and I formed and my own sole proprietor. I have used it through many versions. It is as good as SAGE in my opinion without the cost. I have used it to track multiple funding streams and expenditure for the trust. For the sole proprietor I only use it for Invoices and don't use any of the other very useful features. I paid £100 for version 12 after that it becomes an online version which I do not want sounds far too insecure and open to exploits. It does everything accounting software should.

I have been using quick books pro desktop for about 8 years now ..... Excellent product....... But...... It's now only subscription so I will be running the 2014 version for a long time ......

As with Tel, I use quickfile. It's free up to 1000 ledger items and the pro subscription is £45+Vat a year after that. Very user friendly and easy to customise the likes of invoices etc

I had been using QB for nearly 40 years but recently they force you to have a password on your data file and to change that password every 90 days or so. Apart from it being a royal pain in the bum having to enter a password every time you open the file when its only you working on your own books, as the backup files retain the password in force at the time the backup is made, it means that for you to be able to open a backup file made 6 months, a year, 2 years ago etc you'll need to know the password from that long ago and the only way you'll do that is to write them all down somewhere which totally negates the point of having passwords!

I'm now using Easy Books which does all I used QB for at a fraction of the cost and it runs on my iPhone and iPad as well. I walked out a customer house the other day and before I'd got to the end of the path I'd created the invoice and emailed it to her from my phone.

Hi Everyone, Was going to post a new topic but seen this Thread and thought id ask in here. I'm going to get accounting software, currently ----ing up between quickfile or quick books. Does anyone know is it possible to set up individual projects on the software?

I want to keep track of how each project is doing as opposed to the business as a whole.

Useful; thank you. I have QB loaded because, as mentioned by Eliza Bennett, finance rates with cleaning the van as a fun pastime.

I use quickbooks and find it invaluable, use it for estimates, invoicing and expenditure and as it is supplied by my accountant for £5 a month when I am done at end of year I just press a button and he has it all.

Reply to Anyone using Quick books self employed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net