Discuss Anyone work as a BT Power Engineer? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good evening chaps and chapesses, does anybody on here work for or know anyone who works for BT Power? BT as in the telecoms business.

Just wondered what they are like to work for.

Thanks

We do some BT power work, mainly DC for the GFast expansion pods and we've just started installing Huawei rectifiers.

We also do basic DC circuits in exchanges to racks but nothing too serious.

BT seem to be a law onto themselves, they often quote BS7671 then do their own thing. We also work to BS 6701 and BS EN 50174 just to add to the confusion.

BT seem to be a law onto themselves, they often quote BS7671 then do their own thing. We also work to BS 6701 and BS EN 50174 just to add to the confusion.

Bit like the company I'm currently doing work for!

I usually do more heavy industrial oil/gas work. Do you know what they are like as a company to work for? They seem very keen to get me so I am naturally suspicious but worried it could get a bit boring. Coin is coin though and cash is king!

How do they treat the lads? Are they always under pressure to get jobs done and have time and motion tracked? Are they good payers? Can't seem to find much on them

We subby to BT so I can't really say what they're like to work for. Every BT bod I've spoken to seems happy enough, they get decent enough perks etc.

I did until 94.(I took voluntary redundo)So my opinion is probably irrelevant now. They were ok at the time, most people I speak to these days aren’t particularly happy with the shift patterns they’re on.

I used to work for them... and never again. Even though they were privatised many moons ago, they are still very much like a government department. Getting anything done takes forever ! I inherited a team of about 25 people... all 'lifers'... and all brain dead. While I was there, us 'newbies' could never work out how they made any money...

I think if you just want to go to work, do as you're told, come home, sleep then repeat... it's ideal. But if you want more than that... you'll end up wanting to kill yourself.

Reply to Anyone work as a BT Power Engineer? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net