Discuss Anyone working for Welsh Water? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

usually involves pumping sh!t. thought that was a plumbers job. oops. it needs an electrician to make it run uphill.

Water Companies move liquids, so that's pumps, (probably not the mechanical side) motors, control panels and electrical distribution.

If you don’t know what the job entails why apply for it?

I think what Tony was getting at was if you don't know what the job entails you may not have the relevant experience for it.

Equally I wouldn't be applying for any job in this climate without making sure I knew exactly what they are looking for, hence your post.

I'm surprised any genuine advertisement for a post doesn't have a detailed job description.

Otherwise HR would be knee deep in irrelevant applications.

You are going to need a thorough understanding of controls, know your way around motors (from the small to the insanely large) the larger variety being in the 3.3KV range. And almost everything else in between. Not a job the average domestic based electrician could realistically take on, ...i jest not!!

Normanton, AKA Walter Mitty.

In virtually every post you’ve made on the forum you come across as inept.

A water company is dealing with vast quantities of both potable and foul water which is power hungry.
As E54 has said you have to have a sound understanding of motor control, flow and level control to name just a few basic requirements.

Do you have the skill and the knowledge? I seriously doubt it.

You are going to need a thorough understanding of controls, know your way around motors (from the small to the insanely large) the larger variety being in the 3.3KV range. And almost everything else in between. Not a job the average domestic based electrician could realistically take on, ...i jest not!!
And variable speed drives.

And variable speed drives.

That would come under motor control... I could have laid out a long list of requirements, but i try to keep my replies shortish now otherwise the validity page pop's up and i lose everything.

It's about time that thing is hit on the head now, especially once you're on the site....

Normanton, AKA Walter Mitty.

In virtually every post you’ve made on the forum you come across as inept.

A water company is dealing with vast quantities of both potable and foul water which is power hungry.
As E54 has said you have to have a sound understanding of motor control, flow and level control to name just a few basic requirements.

Do you have the skill and the knowledge? I seriously doubt it.

Haha good boy Toni. I'm sure one of the ideas of this site is for young electricians who are trying to learn and gain knowledge of different systems. I don't post about things I know about as it would be pointless. I post about things I DONT know about to try and learn about them. But all you seem to do is get a kick out of patronising people and putting people down. I personally find it hilarious tho hahaha

You may also need to know about WATER

Reply to Anyone working for Welsh Water? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net