Discuss Apparently electricians are earning over 150k a year!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just starting to 2nd fix a new build tomorrow, this chap wanted to get the materials but was happy to use my choice, also fitted all the boxes for me and they're spot on,also thoroughly cleaned of plaster, a rare thing indeed !

Apparently some contract firms are charging £3k per week for their electricians on certain high level projects. Multiply this by 52 (as we all work 52 weeks per year) and you get "electricians earn £156k per year". Must be great to live in a world where logic is so simple.

our local Ford dealer charges £80/hour + VAT. the mechanic gets £15/hour. some idiot can't allow for overheads and profit.

If ever there was a vivid example of fake news, this is it.o_O

I would be an extremely happy guy if I could earn even a third of that amount!

The scrap price of Iron has Just gone in to outer space again £170 a tonne. So a medium size 4 door car with alloys will scrap as £40 the alloys, £40 the cat, and £150 the steel. A total of £210. So four carjacks over eight hours pays £840 a day.In a five day week £4200. So a 52 week year minus 6 weeks holidays gives £193200 per annum.
So £150000 a year for the honest toil of a concientious tradesman does not seam unreasonable to me.

The scrap price of Iron has Just gone in to outer space again £170 a tonne. So a medium size 4 door car with alloys will scrap as £40 the alloys, £40 the cat, and £150 the steel. A total of £210. So four carjacks over eight hours pays £840 a day.In a five day week £4200. So a 52 week year minus 6 weeks holidays gives £193200 per annum.
So £150000 a year for the honest toil of a concientious tradesman does not seam unreasonable to me.
Given this a bit too much thought haven't you!? I remember about 7 years ago around my home town loads of man hole covers, benches even war memorials were stolen as the thieving little S**ts stole it all for scrap as the prices were so good. You had junkies running along railway lines trying to take anything they could get there hands on.

You had junkies running along railway lines trying to take anything they could get there hands on.

I would have no complaints if the thieving sacks of reprobate scum were to get their hands on the overhead line. 25,000 volts would them do a power of good.

And on that subject ..... this is what happens when you take 25,000 volts (viewer discretion advised) .....

Ok I believe you. Would have sounded more convincing along the lines of:

I've found this jumbled up copy of the Daily Mail, is it all right to read it like this or should I sort out the page numbers? Also, if I complete the prize crossword who should I notify? I will, of course, be purchasing my regular paper later and I will make sure it is all read correctly. Just thought I'd run this past you guys first.

I've met quite a few Army Officers who were plastered, but never the other way round.

Local to me a man once a big shot lawyer in London and left Oxford with 1st class hons degree but as happens in life his marriage went wrong and he went down. Asked me a while back to re-site his electric shower as he was going to block off this door and do many alterations then plaster it all. Cynical me thought bet that will look rough. On return found his plastering to be excellent easily as good if not better than many plasterers. Asking how he learned to do it so well, simply said he didn't have the skill so he enrolled in a course at a college. I always admire people who don't let life beat them down but come back fighting, and like most of us respect anyone who is not afraid to adjust to lifes changes. Any job done well and to support self and family is dignifying regardless of where anyone came from.

Phew, that was quick and real!
Still prefer it to the forklift one from earlier in the year - still makes me shudder (don't try and find it, trust me!)

I would have no complaints if the thieving sacks of reprobate scum were to get their hands on the overhead line. 25,000 volts would them do a power of good.

And on that subject ..... this is what happens when you take 25,000 volts (viewer discretion advised) .....

Phew, that was quick and real!
Still prefer it to the forklift one from earlier in the year - still makes me shudder (don't try and find it, trust me!)

Aye .... if you're going to go out, go out in a blaze of glory!

I haven't seen the forklift video, but your warning has inspired me to find it now, ghoul that I am. :D

IT was on the forum but thread closed as, like sheep, we just watch without thinking. Not good - don't do it!

Aye .... if you're going to go out, go out in a blaze of glory!

I haven't seen the forklift video, but your warning has inspired me to find it now, ghoul that I am. :D

IT was on the forum but thread closed as, like sheep, we just watch without thinking. Not good - don't do it!

I'm even more determined to find it now lol. I've seen disturbing videos of ISIS executions so I don't think this one could be any worse!

Reply to Apparently electricians are earning over 150k a year!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock