Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Kippo

Kippo EF Member

Hi All

I have an issue with my shower and I suspect it's the solenoid.
    The original fault is that the shower either wouldn't switch on at all, or it very briefly powers on, see video

I removed the front panel and as you can see below, manually pressing the plastic arm starts the water flowing, and it is heated too (i know the danger of using the shower in that state whilst live) so there is no issue with power reaching the unit.

I suspect that the faulty part is the solenoid, but is the part (arrowed below) actually the solenoid, as it doesn't look like other I've seen?

[​IMG]

And if so where can i purchase a replacement? P/N FW343A1P1

[​IMG]

Many thanks

aqualisa.png

pn.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Given when you press the button it momentarily engages the solenoid, my initial thinking is more geared towards water pressure, specifically it could be slightly low.

I might be inclined to find the main stop tap and turn it to open it slightly more. Trying this will cost you nothing and may well solve the problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

This is the best and most detailed post I've ever seen congratulations

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

I'd just ring the manufactures help line :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi - by the looks of it the solenoid works, but is not held in. As per @SparkyChick@SparkyChick I suspect the pressure / flow is insufficient. Maybe clean the filter? It's a maintenance activity in the manual and should look like this -

IMG_1387.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

I'm with Midwest on this one. I had an Aqualisa for the last 15 years and found their service chap absolutely brilliant. (Thanks, Chris!)
    Their service contracts/warranty offer is first class, and while I have had only a couple of breakdowns they fixed and replaced the unit without quibble. The last time I called Chris out due to intermittent working he plugged in a computer, saw the number of false starts, checked the serial number, said it was a controller from a known faulty batch and it was completely replaced.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Kippo

Kippo EF Member

Thank everyone for your help so far, i'll check the water pressure and filter tonight when i get home.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baddegg

Baddegg Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x Electrician's Arms

Wilko you are the Manual king!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. snowhead

snowhead Respected Member

10. DPG

DPG Respected Member

Love this thread. A well worded question with not just photos but video attached, and then helpful replies afterwards. Brill.

OP, keep us posted.

• Like Like x 3
  11. static zap

static zap Regular EF Member

Does look like a Posh solenoid , compared with many others !

12. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    I was in IT, then I would be learning to be king of WAN :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  13. Kippo

Kippo EF Member

Sorry for the delay in replying. The water pressure seems plentiful and the main main stop tap is fully open, I have also checked the internal filter and there is no obstruction.

I've uploaded another video. you can see the solenoid engaging but then releasing again.

It's possible that this could this be an issue with the microswitch circuitry but i'm still inclined to think its the solenoid.

14. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Have you rung the manufactures help line?

15. static zap

static zap Regular EF Member

It has a computerised brain ,if it functions at all .(Then a decision is being made Right or WRONG ) Safety is king.
    Is you kettle well furred up in your area ?