Discuss Aqualisa shower in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SimpleSimon

AAARGGHHH!!!

Ok so yesterday I went and did the good son deed by going round my Dads house. He has had trouble with the hot water pressure in his taps even though its fed from a single point outlet pump. It seems the pump doesn't kick in straight away when you open the taps but can take anything up to 30 secs to a Couple of mins. Seems like an airlock in the system or a block in the filter. So I took the hose off the pump and cleaned the filter of a build up of lime scale that had built up, thinking that had down the trick. Put it all back together and nothing's changed.

Anyway, could be an airlock but didn't have any more time as he had to go out.

Dad called me this morning saying his Aqualisa shower isn't now working. Just flashing a blue light but no water coming out.

The pump for the shower is a separate pump which I didn't touch. It's got two inlets, cold and hot and a mixed outlet. When I left last night it was running as we ran it to make sure I had opened the isolation valve correctly. Seemed fine than.

Looking round I'm getting a mixed bag of answers. I've heard low pressure, problems with boilers, thermostat resets etc. anyone here know anything to these problems?

it may also help,to know that the setup,is in the airing cupboard as follows.

Hot water coming off cylinder branches off to two separate pumps one for the shower- one for the hot water bathroom taps.

Thanks for the help!

Simon

What make is the pump to the taps. How high is the cold storage tank above the taps

O god where do I start?? the only way to clear an air lock 100% is to blast it out from its source with a hose or similar......why does it get an air lock??? is the pipework sagging somewhere?? a positive pump needs 0.1 bar before it will kick in, are you sure you have that ? you can work it out from measuring the head you have from the tank in the loft. do you need negative head pumps???? Dad called me this morning saying his Aqualisa shower isn't now working. Just flashing a blue light but no water coming out. eh?? is it an electric shower or digital shower??? you can not have a pump feeding an electric shower! nothing to do with pressure as the whole system is fed from the tank in your loft! now we get onto the hot water cylinder, you need one pump on a "s" flange and the other on an Essex flange so they both draw water from different places, it sounds to me like its a plumbing fault not electrical! good luck!

AAARGGHHH!!!

Just flashing a blue light but no water coming out.

Hot water coming off cylinder branches off to two separate pumps one for the shower- one for the hot water bathroom taps.

Simon

Blue light must mean electric shower

Electric showers require a cold feed as it heats the water instantaneously so this does not make any sence??

you can not have a pump feeding an electric shower!

You can if its connected to a cold water tank...

What you got 600..750 or a 1000

It will be there remote unit the shower basically is in loft and there is a remote control they use in bathroom

Reply to Aqualisa shower in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock