Discuss Are smart meters to blame for house fires? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

The same 3mm allen screws are fitted to the new Wylex switchfuses. I have a 60A one here. I've just stuck a bit of 25mm in the terminal and tightened the 2 screws. The screws are too small compared to the size of cable entry hole so several of the strands have gone up the side of the screw and are not clamped at all.
upload_2017-8-6_19-54-9.jpeg

With 16mm it was even worse, only 2 strands were gripped.
upload_2017-8-6_19-55-31.jpeg
Tightly twisting the strands got a better result, but if the cable was moved at all it immediately became loose at both terminal screws. In the 2 photos above moving the cable didn't loosen the strands that were secured by the terminal screws.

In an old Wylex switchfuse the twin screw supply terminals have the terminal screw threads almost touching the side of the terminal hole so the strands can't go up the sides, exactly as it should be IMO.
upload_2017-8-6_20-10-18.jpeg

Reply to Are smart meters to blame for house fires? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
I’m currently in the home-buying process, and some of the homes I’m looking at have Smart Meters installed. Thankfully, I live somewhere where we...
Replies
Views
Hi, any solar experts know the metering requirements of a grid tied system. Im looking into a system for a family friend, their meter is in the...
Replies
Views
Hi All On the 2nd November an EON contractor attempted to fit an electricity smart meter at my address. He was unable to do so because the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock