Discuss Are these wires neutral? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Im confused, you had zero volts from the perm live at your switch to your suspected neutrals at the switch, but continuity from the suspected neutrals at the switch to neutrals at your light? or were you testing from an unenergised switched live? hence no voltage at the switch!!!

I was given a couple of rolls of sheathed & insulated single red & black and of sheathed & insulated single & earth a few years ago, virtually unused. They prove very handy from time to time - with the appropriate sleeving at the terminations, naturally...

And the first time I came across twin brown I asked a customer to pop to Poofix on a weekend to get 100m 1.5 T&E and they returned with 2x 50m reels “as it worked out a lot cheaper” - because it was twin brown! That made the feed on the lighting circuit interesting....

And the first time I came across twin brown I asked a customer to pop to Poofix on a weekend to get 100m 1.5 T&E and they returned with 2x 50m reels “as it worked out a lot cheaper” - because it was twin brown! That made the feed on the lighting circuit interesting....
The last train brown I collected (yesterday) the wholesalers said "there's your 2.5 masquerading as a bit of twin brown" :)

For those unaware Irish Standard 201 cable has a full-sized and insulated cpc which gives the cable the appearance of the next cable size up for British Standard cable. (I stock both Irish Standard and British Standard cable.

I ran neutrals to my upstairs switches from the loft. Pulling 3C+E with T+E worked perfectly for all but one which it turns out ran through a couple of really tight holes drilled through the stud frame.

Some choice words were uttered when the tape snapped, but on the bright side I'm now a lot better at using my access rods than I was before!

Reply to Are these wires neutral? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net