Discuss Ariston E-Combi with 2 zone valves. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've managed to confuse myself a bit, I have to connect up the above boiler with 2 zone valves. Now the 'external controls' link is low voltage in the boiler and this is connected to the built in timeswitch for heating, I have 2x 2 port valves [upstairs/downstairs heating zones] and Honeywell room stats which don't have separate volt free contacts.
So I'm thinking of fitting a separate single channel programmer [leaving boiler timer permanently on] with mains out to the two valves[brown motor drive cores] via the stats and using the grey/orange cores in the valves as volt free contacts connected in parallel to the boiler control pair. [Rather than connecting the switches to mains as normal] .
What are your thoughts ?
I think this would be simpler than mucking about with a relay, replys would be very welcome. :)

Thanks for confirming that Lee, can't really change the 'stats as only got 3c and earth to each one. :) I can't really see how a relay would work with this setup anyway.

Actually thinking a bit more I could even use a 2 channel programmer for separate up/down times- would probably just cause more confusion for the end user though. :)

Reply to Ariston E-Combi with 2 zone valves. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

For the past few years, I have used a hydronic system (outdoor wood boiler) with both high and low temp working simultaneously. The low temp...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
A combi is heating 5 ufh zones downstairs and 1 radiator zone upstairs. It has a two port valve for each. My question is, would you fit this with...
Replies
Views
Hi there, the heating system I am working on has 6 zones and valves for each zone which was working fine with one boiler and one pump. some rads...
Replies
Views
Hi people, I’m new to the forum, first post so here goes. I’m wiring a heating control system and at the moment the customer wants as follows; A...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock